• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not Gonna Lie, Bulls....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I am seriously worried. My Beef Studs have painted up for EVERY.SINGLE.HOME.GAME. since 2002. In our 20th year, they are having a seriously hard time recruiting new members. 

AND I DON'T BLAME THEM.

The product on the field has been VERY difficult for all but the most hardcore fans to keep supporting. 

I don't want this tradition to die like Bulls Outfitter did when the team started to suck horribly. But this is a decade of suck. Y'all... I don't know what I'll do if we can't turn it around ASAP. Remembering that in 2007 we could pull it out against bigger opponents is only gonna last so long.

the word “studs” was never going to survive the Woke Era anyway.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249

6 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Leavitt himself spent hours and hours on film alone. The man likely spent 200 hours a week watching film. 

there are only 168 hours in a week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

8 hours ago, sparkybull said:

I dont care that we just won

this is awful football

Hey, @sparkybull, I need to hear you tell me again how I was wrong and that we are going to beat Louisville and Central State.  It comforted me. 🤨

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

They aren't hitting as had as they were 15+ years ago.

Yes they do

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:
10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Leavitt himself spent hours and hours on film alone. The man likely spent 200 hours a week watching film. 

That alone speaks volumes about Jim Leavitt.  He was a coach and a magician. Who else can manage to get 200 hours in a 168 hour week?  

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

The lack of offensive execution early in the game is not on the coaching staff. Dropped passes and overthrown, wide-open touchdowns let Howard hang around too long. I'm not reading too much into this game. We will see how things go next week. 

10 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

For whatever it's worth... that was all pre-targeting.  When you watch even the best teams, none of them hit with that level on intensity any more.  The way tackling is taught is a lot more about technique than power these days.

Not disagreeing with the fact these guys don't seem to be coached well... but you should never expect to see that level of hitting ever again.  Even with Alabama v Ohio State.

Exactly part of the problem.  COACHING

9 hours ago, USFRaider said:

This team is going 2-10 again or if we are lucky, 3-9. After all the team is still learning how to win. Scott said so in tonight’s press conference. Maybe by the time the stadium opens they will know how to win. 

Which team do you think USF will beat? Temple? On the road? 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I am having a hard time believing they can beat anyone else on the schedule 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081

9 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Not fair at all. Coach Scott is an awesome dude, personally. He says the right things. He cares about the right things. We just haven't seen it translate on the field. 

Dear lord compare it to Skip "that's why I'm here" Holtz and Willie "I don't give a **** what school it is, what history they have, what identity they have built, or literally anything at all except WILLIE WILLIE WILLIE. And let's not even approach Charlie "why am I here again?" Strong, who appropriately lost the locker room for not knowing which way is up and what his job was.

Jeff Scott is many times better for all the peripherals and intangibles compared with all those predecessors.

But dang y'all. When Jim Leavitt is your standard, its gotta be pretty hard to compare. 

But at the same token, I would have LOVED to crown CJS the 2nd coming, if the on-field product looked.... I dunno.... like it cared. Like it knew what it means to be a Bull. 

But so far, I can't say that. I want things to be different. CSH wasn't ready for the higher level. CWT was a selfish ***** who cared nothing for the school we all love. CCS was as lost as a Silver Alert. 

CJS is an awesome person. But the hard truth is that gets you so far. I would be ecstatic for 6-6 and a fighting chance in most games. I can forgive hard fought losses. I can't forgive when players don't look like they care and coaches don't look prepared.

Skip and Strong did terrible jobs here but they are both waaay better coaches than Scott.  They were both on vacation at USF and won more games half assing it than Scott will ever win.  Hiring the nice guy is not the best route to go.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Maybe Temple on the road or Tulane at home. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

5 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Yes, that was deliberate.