• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not Gonna Lie, Bulls....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

53 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Will be killed in first half. That's a given. 

But . . . we will show improvement in the 2nd half (when the game is well out of hand), so we have that going for us, which is nice 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

You were hoodwinked at the dinner Scott took you and your wife out to. I can’t say I blame you , probably would have happened to me too.

I feel like this is a bit bogus.  The current admin and staff is doing a great job with the outreach portion.  They just can't get a product on the field.

Just now, bowman1 said:

But . . . we will show improvement in the 2nd half (when the game is well out of hand), so we have that going for us, which is nice 

Not this time I don't think.  I think UF would like to drop an 80 burger

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I feel like this is a bit bogus.  The current admin and staff is doing a great job with the outreach portion.  They just can't get a product on the field.

Not this time I don't think.  I think UF would like to drop an 80 burger

Considering that they got upset at home by a team that they have traditionally dominated, yeah - you are probably right

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, bowman1 said:

Considering that they got upset at home by a team that they have traditionally dominated, yeah - you are probably right

That part I love though.  I'm UK all the way in that rivalry

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

You were hoodwinked at the dinner Scott took you and your wife out to. I can’t say I blame you , probably would have happened to me too.

Not fair at all. Coach Scott is an awesome dude, personally. He says the right things. He cares about the right things. We just haven't seen it translate on the field. 

Dear lord compare it to Skip "that's why I'm here" Holtz and Willie "I don't give a **** what school it is, what history they have, what identity they have built, or literally anything at all except WILLIE WILLIE WILLIE. And let's not even approach Charlie "why am I here again?" Strong, who appropriately lost the locker room for not knowing which way is up and what his job was.

Jeff Scott is many times better for all the peripherals and intangibles compared with all those predecessors.

But dang y'all. When Jim Leavitt is your standard, its gotta be pretty hard to compare. 

But at the same token, I would have LOVED to crown CJS the 2nd coming, if the on-field product looked.... I dunno.... like it cared. Like it knew what it means to be a Bull. 

But so far, I can't say that. I want things to be different. CSH wasn't ready for the higher level. CWT was a selfish ***** who cared nothing for the school we all love. CCS was as lost as a Silver Alert. 

CJS is an awesome person. But the hard truth is that gets you so far. I would be ecstatic for 6-6 and a fighting chance in most games. I can forgive hard fought losses. I can't forgive when players don't look like they care and coaches don't look prepared.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

Not fair at all. Coach Scott is an awesome dude, personally. He says the right things. He cares about the right things. We just haven't seen it translate on the field. 

Dear lord compare it to Skip "that's why I'm here" Holtz and Willie "I don't give a **** what school it is, what history they have, what identity they have built, or literally anything at all except WILLIE WILLIE WILLIE. And let's not even approach Charlie "why am I here again?" Strong, who appropriately lost the locker room for not knowing which way is up and what his job was.

Jeff Scott is many times better for all the peripherals and intangibles compared with all those predecessors.

But dang y'all. When Jim Leavitt is your standard, its gotta be pretty hard to compare. 

But at the same token, I would have LOVED to crown CJS the 2nd coming, if the on-field product looked.... I dunno.... like it cared. Like it knew what it means to be a Bull. 

But so far, I can't say that. I want things to be different. CSH wasn't ready for the higher level. CWT was a selfish ***** who cared nothing for the school we all love. CCS was as lost as a Silver Alert. 

CJS is an awesome person. But the hard truth is that gets you so far. I would be ecstatic for 6-6 and a fighting chance in most games. I can forgive hard fought losses. I can't forgive when players don't look like they care and coaches don't look prepared.

I am sure he is a nice guy, but he just happens to be a terrible football coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I am sure he is a nice guy, but he just happens to be a terrible football coach. 

And until this year, I would have fought you on that. But I just know we're going to lose by 40+ pts at Florida and miss out on a bowl game this year. Lose by a few scores in the 4th quarter and make a bowl game and I'll reconsider. Until then, I am done defending him.

Edited by FazaUSF
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

And until this year, I would have fought you on that. But I just know we're going to lose by 40+ pts at Florida and miss out on a bowl game this year. Lose by a few scores and make a bowl game and I'll reconsider. Until then, I am done defending him.

This team is going 2-10 again or if we are lucky, 3-9. After all the team is still learning how to win. Scott said so in tonight’s press conference. Maybe by the time the stadium opens they will know how to win. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,835
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

And until this year, I would have fought you on that. But I just know we're going to lose by 40+ pts at Florida and miss out on a bowl game this year. Lose by a few scores and make a bowl game and I'll reconsider. Until then, I am done defending him.

This is just about where I am...

I wonder why he can't seem to coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  I thought it was the lack of G5+ talent and poor decisions on coordinators.  That was corrected this year, or so we thought.

Does anyone really know what the problem is?  Is he just in WAY over his head?  Does he fixate on the "Clemson" way too much, unwilling to let his coaches coach?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This is just about where I am...

I wonder why he can't seem to coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  I thought it was the lack of G5+ talent and poor decisions on coordinators.  That was corrected this year, or so we thought.

Does anyone really know what the problem is?  Is he just in WAY over his head?  Does he fixate on the "Clemson" way too much, unwilling to let his coaches coach?

I'm not sure but this team always comes out of the gate flat. Whatever he does doesn't work at all.