• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Twitter Spaces “USF Emergency Podcast” The Sky is NOT Falling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

But who built the hype? I think it was mostly fans wanting to see big things happen.

Strongly disagree with blaming fans for the hype.  Plenty of things said by coaches to hype up.  One quote in particular stood out to me "for first time I've been here it feels likes we have the depth to compete".  DailyStampede podcast said defensive coach said his players were "faster than anyone you'll play this year"

Bohanon was hyped by the coach who canned him and then by Scott after he was announced as the starter.

30 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We were exposed early on by a big offensive line with quality athletes at WR,QBband RB, facing a new DLine with little game experience.  We couldn’t stop them last year on defense and once again we couldn’t. The big difference was we couldn’t control clock as we did last year in second half to keep their offense off the field.

In the second half of last year's game we held them to 7 points.  That was actually impressive defensively because the game got within reach for us, so they had more pressure to score.  *This year* with it well out of hand, they still scored 10 (not counting safety)

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

And finally if Bohanon is the great leader that we have been hearing from all sides in the off season, then leading the team after this first game is a big reason why he was brought here.

Im actually looking forward to see how and if this team bounces back from adversity 

We have to learn as a team, coaching staff, culture, university to respond to being hit in the face, we have to learn to win again, we have to learn to fight…and ues it needs to happen soon..

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

Just wanted to chime in and say that management does appreciate you waiting until we lost again to continue with this nonsensical ******** ....

This isn’t even a position I have a stance on other than it’s easier to message and will be the more popular position on a college campus. I see no reason to discuss the nuances of long term failure and lack of improvement years into something. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Strongly disagree with blaming fans for the hype.

Yeah, probably never blame fans for hype, donations, and spending money.  

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not sure that it is or is not the case but that the one side is clear and simple while the other is complex nuanced and can’t be expressed succinctly means that I wouldn’t make an attempt to make that argument to anyone. This is especially true when you don’t get a lot of words on twitter, when you are explaining you are losing and the environment for such arguments is already hostile towards the less clear position. 

Let me twitterify my reasoning for everyone then

"Bro he straight blamed the uniforms for getting clapped one game.  Coaching skills gone 💯"

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Strongly disagree with blaming fans for the hype.  Plenty of things said by coaches to hype up.  One quote in particular stood out to me "for first time I've been here it feels likes we have the depth to compete".  DailyStampede podcast said defensive coach said his players were "faster than anyone you'll play this year"

Bohanon was hyped by the coach who canned him and then by Scott after he was announced as the starter.

In the second half of last year's game we held them to 7 points.  That was actually impressive defensively because the game got within reach for us, so they had more pressure to score.  *This year* with it well out of hand, they still scored 10 (not counting safety)

We held them to 7 points because we controled clock. Go back and look at their second half possessions in none of them did they punt the ball.

And it may be true that we have better talent than we had before, that doesn’t say much when the other years were 1-9 and 2-10 and we are facing a top 25 team.

Now if we are getting blown out by AAC teams and go 2-10 again then that’s different. But we go 4-8 well you can say we were better than before.

Let

Edited by Cubanbull

14 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We held them to 7 points because we controled clock. Go back and look at their second half possessions in none of them did they punt the ball.

Um...I just checked and BYU had first and goal at the 8 in the 2nd half, and the defense held to a field goal attempt which we then blocked.

That's phenomenal by the D getting a stop with the game on the line.

Edit:.( @Cubanbull I edited this right before you replied, but wanted you to see without making another reply of my own) I do see they had last possession and ran out the clock down to our 20ish yard line.  So I see the point you're trying to make.  They likely could have scored again or come close if they had to.  While our defense needed a stop and didn't get it.

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

John Lewis is on his staff so, yes, someone know our frustration.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that MK doesn't really need anyone to enlighten him as to the frustration after that loss .....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

Um...I just checked and BYU had first and goal at the 8 in the 2nd half, and the defense held to a field goal attempt which we then blocked.

That's phenomenal by the D getting a stop with the game on the line.

It was, but once again they drove the ball, we never stopped them and made them punt. Also you don’t want to maybe take into account that this BYU team is better than last years? Or how about that this was game 1 with new DC and OC vs last years it was game 4

Once again my point is that we are looking at two teams in complete different situations. One game won’t tell us whether we are better or not.

I understand the disappointment, I have season tickets, I came down from North Georgia for this game, I expected more from this team, I’m upset about the coaches. But the reality is that Scott will have rest of season to show whether this team is better or not.

With that said I’m done on this, you all want to continue griping about spilled milk, carry on.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I'll go out on a limb here and say that MK doesn't really need anyone to enlighten him as to the frustration after that loss .....

Correct LOL.   I think he knows.