• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching one half of Bohanon…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Didn't blame last year on Timmy but certainly didn't blame tonight on Bohanon.  He certainly had no help.

McClain had zero chance at success last year. As a true freshman, on a horrendous team, with terrible play calling. I will say our offensive game plan tonight was atrocious too. Bohanon was just off on a lot of throws. Should have had Horn for a TD in the first half but over threw him, threw behind players quite a few times (some of them should have still been caught), but the majority of the throws Trickett dialed up were 5 yards or closer to the line of scrimmage. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Bless your heart... people are gonna roast you alive.

I *wish* I could say I saw something.  I stayed til our last offensive series and after the turnover on downs I literally didn't want to watch anything more.  Game was almost over, and I hate leaving early...but what I saw being called was just awful and I couldn't stand watching it.

Felt like every series we did a delayed handoff ->run up middle, run again, then pass to sideline (or some combination of that).  No tempo, only a couple of deep shots....the most 'vanilla of vanilla'.  It felt like they developed the game plan for a rookie and were sticking to it no matter what tonight. 

Then afterwards I hear from the coaches comments "the run was shut down and its hard to throw when that happens"....  Well what about passing to setup the run with a QB on national watch lists who won a Big12 conference and supposedly had 80-90% completion in camp.  Do you wanna maybe make a gameplan that's pass heavy to take advantage of that?  Or just keep doing dinks and dunks when it's clear from like the second series of the game the defense is literally waiting on those sideline throws to jump on?

Right on the money.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly, the offensive playcalling was super conservative. It is hard to judge the team when they get bullied by bigger o and d line. keep in mind a lot of these players are transfers too, and maybe the gel hasn’t set yet?

It was a rough game to start, but things will get better by the start of conference play. We knew BYU was the better team, I blame the blowout portion on the coaches.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

He's not the issue.

Nor was he the solution. He got beat and tucked tailed and ran versus fight...all I need to know. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

12 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

it makes you realize how bad Timmy really was at the helm. UCF can have him. 

Great point lol. I think USF will be fine with the offense moving forward. We need to see the defense wake up and bring back that swagger from the days of Leavitt. Only way USF will beat top 25 teams is with that great defense 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

11 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Felt like every series we did a delayed handoff ->run up middle, run again, then pass to sideline (or some combination of that).  No tempo, only a couple of deep shots....the most 'vanilla of vanilla'.  It felt like they developed the game plan for a rookie and were sticking to it no matter what tonight. 

This was brutal.  So far we are getting zero bump in the coordinator department.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Watching the game in person for all of 23 minutes, I thought he looked no better than TMc. 

Did you not watch the ucf game last year? Lol when Bohannon was able to throw the ball he looked good last night. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

10 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Did you not watch the ucf game last year? Lol when Bohannon was able to throw the ball he looked good last night. 

Again, we left early. But he seemed to have time although we weren't there for any deep attempts. But he overthrew 3 that I say, it a couple of BYU guys right in the hands that they dropped.

So maybe he doesn't throw a catchable ball if neither their guys or our guys could catch it. I'm joking about that last line.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So maybe he doesn't throw a catchable ball if neither their guys or our guys could catch it.

Given our track record, maybe this is a positive attribute.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Again, we left early. But he seemed to have time although we weren't there for any deep attempts. But he overthrew 3 that I say, it a couple of BYU guys right in the hands that they dropped.

So maybe he doesn't throw a catchable ball if neither their guys or our guys could catch it. I'm joking about that last line.

Offense is gonna be fine. The question is will the defense improve? Tired of watching USF losing 50-30 games. Watching bad defense in football is a total buzzkill for me.

• Upvote 1