• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Hopefully Horn can think for himself....

There is no way Horn transfers.  If he did it would be a terrible decision.  He is a starter, and will be #1 or #2 in receptions this year.  I am not sure he came here with the intention of only catching passes from TMC.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

So Timmy is leaving? If so that sucks for usf but wish him the best. Honestly he should have stayed and worked his rear off to be a starter next year. He could have redshirted and had 3 years left here . He was thrown to the wolves too early because of injuries and lack of quality qbs recruited /developed to go in before him and/or mentor him. So how many qbs have we went through now in two seasons that have left the program? Are they that bad or do we have a problem ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So Timmy is leaving? If so that sucks for usf but wish him the best. Honestly he should have stayed and worked his rear off to be a starter next year. He could have redshirted and had 3 years left here . He was thrown to the wolves too early because of injuries and lack of quality qbs recruited /developed to go in before him and/or mentor him. So how many qbs have we went through now in two seasons that have left the program? Are they that bad or do we have a problem ?

We brought in a stud, no way we don’t start him.  This has been rehashed to death but CJS needed to win this year and he made a bold and brilliant move, for this I applaud him. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We brought in a stud, no way we don’t start him.  This has been rehashed to death but CJS needed to win this year and he made a bold and brilliant move, for this I applaud him. 

Yeah this is the year we have to start seeing something.  I am sure everyone realizes that behind the scenes...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

There is no way Horn transfers.  If he did it would be a terrible decision.  He is a starter, and will be #1 or #2 in receptions this year.  I am not sure he came here with the intention of only catching passes from TMC.  

That was a big big part of the reason he came here with his high school QB.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

So much for the tight-knit quarterback room that was "like family".  From the scrimmage reports, it seemed like the competition was fairly equal.  I can see TM getting upset if Gerry wasn't noticeably better.  Timmy took his lumps last year, improved over the off-season and then lost the starting job.  It's still a bad move to transfer when he's one injury away from being the starter again.  

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Lastly,  I hope Timmy doesn’t start chirping in Horn’s ear to bolt with him.

This is what I was looking for when trying to catch up.  We may lose Horn when this is all said and done.
I don't have much to add that others haven't already touched on other than why the hell would he transfer now?  He can't do **** for a year if I'm not mistaken.  I don't know what the deadlines are but pretty sure he can't play until 2023. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I guess, but from what I understand, the staff at Baylor basically opened the door and told Gerry to find a better situation for himself. I suppose the same thing could be happening here with Timmy, but I'm guessing not. 

I'm guessing not also but I'm also guessing that the Baylor staff did GB a solid by telling him he wouldn't be the starter after Spring so he could move if he wanted to, not telling him to leave. There's no way a coach wouldn't want as much quality in the qb room as they could ...... one play away. My only point is that both players left doing what they considered best for themselves, not the team.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

39 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Timmy has talent but no FB IQ

37 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

The McClain I saw last season wasn't good enough.  Good luck young man. 

Timmy was a true freshman and very few have what it takes to be successful coming in ........ and after seeing two qb's who chose to leave USF on NFL sidelines this weekend, he may have made a wise choice.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

15 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

This is what I was looking for when trying to catch up.  We may lose Horn when this is all said and done.
I don't have much to add that others haven't already touched on other than why the hell would he transfer now?  He can't do **** for a year if I'm not mistaken.  I don't know what the deadlines are but pretty sure he can't play until 2023. 

Maybe that is the reason?  If he waits until next semester he has to sit out 2023 season?  I dunno, the rules are like mush right now.