• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Player weights have been updated!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Other notes:

-Grier actually gained 10 pounds from last year. 6'1 223. The highest paid linebacker in the NFL is 6'2 234. At this size I think if Grier can be a major disruptor and put on a few more pounds he can get drafted.

-Mangham gained 10 pounds. Dude is going to be a Big 10 style RB in the G5 this year. Behind the most experienced oline in college we should never get stuffed in short yardage scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Timmy ?

Whoops, luckily you said something. I fixed it on the original post. 

image.png.59b74f21a6a5933d6b8650175f08d0d0.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Whoops, luckily you said something. I fixed it on the original post. 

image.png.59b74f21a6a5933d6b8650175f08d0d0.png

Thought it was a Freudian slip.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

-Mangham gained 10 pounds. Dude is going to be a Big 10 style RB in the G5 this year. Behind the most experienced oline in college we should never get stuffed in short yardage scenarios.

This...what's scary is if other defense actually have to respect our passing game (which they didn't last year) the running game is going to really open up.

I expect an offense that could rival Flowers offenses if our OC is any decent. 

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

This...what's scary is if other defense actually have to respect our passing game (which they didn't last year) the running game is going to really open up.

I expect an offense that could rival Flowers offenses if our OC is any decent. 

I feel that way as well. As good as Flowers offense was, the ball didnt really get distributed to that many players. I expect 10 of the receivers, 5 running backs, and 4 tight ends to get snaps this year. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Let's hope the extra weight and strength allow the bulls to push around  the other players this year. The defense really needs to get tough and nasty like the better days.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, bulloni said:

The highest paid linebacker in the NFL is 6'2 234. 

What is the height and weight of the lowest paid LB for comparison?

Interesting weight gain/losses

Rashad Cheney - 285 Ibs. I thought he would have gained 10 Ibs to get to 300 Ibs. I think the coaching staff is aiming to use speed over size. 

Clyde Pinder - 282 Ibs.....I'm assuming maybe the D-line is reducing their body fat percentages. 

Jhalin Hobbs  & Jaquez Williams both are in the 290's now, so I guess they plan on developing these 2 into our "Big boys". 

Eddie Kelly - 274Ibs.....man, if that's  muscle he put on and he didn't lose any of his speed (buddy played TE and was pretty fast in his film) he is going to be a problem. It's weird that we officially don't have any 300Ib players on the defensive side of the ball, but we have probably much bigger than last year as a whole. 

Note: DJ Gordon is listed at 220? That has to be a mistake. 

Byron Matos - 291Ibs....at 6'9, that is still pretty well distributed weight. Lebron has ranged from 250-270 throughout his career. But he is in DT territory now. If he at least kept his original speed and athleticism at this new weight or improved both of those categories, then he will be quite an interesting player. I think we have our Shawn Oakman.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Rashad Cheney - 285 Ibs. I thought he would have gained 10 Ibs to get to 300 Ibs. I think the coaching staff is aiming to use speed over size. 

Clyde Pinder - 282 Ibs.....I'm assuming maybe the D-line is reducing their body fat percentages. 

Jhalin Hobbs  & Jaquez Williams both are in the 290's now, so I guess they plan on developing these 2 into our "Big boys". 

Eddie Kelly - 274Ibs.....man, if that's  muscle he put on and he didn't lose any of his speed (buddy played TE and was pretty fast in his film) he is going to be a problem. It's weird that we officially don't have any 300Ib players on the defensive side of the ball, but we have probably much bigger than last year as a whole. 

Note: DJ Gordon is listed at 220? That has to be a mistake. 

Byron Matos - 291Ibs....at 6'9, that is still pretty well distributed weight. Lebron has ranged from 250-270 throughout his career. But he is in DT territory now. If he at least kept his original speed and athleticism at this new weight or improved both of those categories, then he will be quite an interesting player. I think we have our Shawn Oakman.

Note: DJ Gordon is listed at 220? That has to be a mistake.  I think they got his weight switched with Boyles or Grier.

•  

Rashad Cheney - 285 Ibs. I thought he would have gained 10 Ibs to get to 300 Ibs. I think the coaching staff is aiming to use speed over size. 

Clyde Pinder - 282 Ibs.....I'm assuming maybe the D-line is reducing their body fat percentages.  

These weights are fine if they are muscle and lost fat.

The two big freshmen hopefully will be a role this year and the future. Both Cheney and Pinder have 2/3 years left at least right?

Who is the picture of from Baylor? Gerry or Yusef?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

In case anyone wants to see the numbers or wants to perform any other analytical analysis.

2022 Roster Weight Changes.xlsx

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1