• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll: How will USF Emerge from Realignment?

Poll: How will USF Emerge from Realignment?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Sady, no.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The only way it gets worse is if any of the AAC 1.0 teams get picked off .....Are there any besides Memphis with a real shot?

Memphis is a shoe in... I remember @TigerJay

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

I am surprised that clown could even type, their academics are child like. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

SMU is a small enrollment private entitled yuppie d bag school and has less interest then USF has by a mile.  If they move on and we don’t then I agree, fold the program.

Dallas is a much bigger market than Tampa/St Pete, dwarfing Tampa by far.  SMU also has truckloads of money to buy people off.  They are expanding their stadium to 45K, if I remember correctly basically financed from donations.  This is the same school that bought Eric Dickerson and a whole bunch of players in the 80's.  They will do what needs to be done to advance.

I put USF's chances fairly close to Memphis' chances.  Memphis' academics are so bad I can't put them too far ahead of USF, but I could definitely see scenarios where Memphis gets picked and USF doesn't.  Could also see USF getting in with a Memphis and/or SMU, but the chances are not high.

USF will end up in a worse condition.  Either a watered down AAC that has lost schools, or some type of hybrid league with CUSA.  I have little faith USF can make a move up, based on what I have seen in the past (getting left behind in 2011 and again in the past year or two).  Big 12 picked 4 schools and passed on USF...conferences aren't clamoring for USF.  They just aren't.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Always tough to know where the University of Southern Florida will end up?? Possibly it has something to do with obscurity?? Hopefully, we are on the right track to get into the Big Show-sooner rather than later.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

We're ****** ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Sady, no.  

Your propensity to not Quote what you're replying to can be quite annoying at the times when your reply is a page starter ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Dallas is a much bigger market than Tampa/St Pete, dwarfing Tampa by far.  SMU also has truckloads of money to buy people off.  They are expanding their stadium to 45K, if I remember correctly basically financed from donations.  This is the same school that bought Eric Dickerson and a whole bunch of players in the 80's.  They will do what needs to be done to advance.

I put USF's chances fairly close to Memphis' chances.  Memphis' academics are so bad I can't put them too far ahead of USF, but I could definitely see scenarios where Memphis gets picked and USF doesn't.  Could also see USF getting in with a Memphis and/or SMU, but the chances are not high.

USF will end up in a worse condition.  Either a watered down AAC that has lost schools, or some type of hybrid league with CUSA.  I have little faith USF can make a move up, based on what I have seen in the past (getting left behind in 2011 and again in the past year or two).  Big 12 picked 4 schools and passed on USF...conferences aren't clamoring for USF.  They just aren't.  

Agree with most of what you wrote, we definitely are outside looking in, I guess I am numb to this process, worrying about this does nothing and odds are we are kinda ****** either way.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Same conference unfortunately.  Who would want to pick a team that's been lousy for a while with a proposed 35k stadium?  If we get into a new conference the stadium needs to be bigger so that other team's fans can come watch their team and vacation at the same time.  It should be 55k not 35k. Also, the IPF looks a bit like the one Oregon built in 1997.  They have plans for a new one in 2026 that makes the old one look like a warehouse.  You have to keep up with other schools' facilities.  We are only playing catch up. Just my 2 cents.

practice_1.jpg

The 170,000-square-foot building, funded with private gifts, is expected to open in 2024

Edited by Bald Eagle

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your propensity to not Quote what you're replying to can be quite annoying at the times when your reply is a page starter ....

He is a man of few words but..carries a big stick.              <Well, that's just a rumor>