• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IPF / OCS - Informational Updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

If I had to guess, we haven’t seen the full extent of what will happen with prices. 

Have to see what a dollar will buy? If it weren't for bad timing....But, at least this OCS is trying to get off the ground

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

45 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.  The second best time is right now.

We can't jump in a DeLorean and fix the horrible mistakes of the past... all we can do is prepare now for the future... whether that's 2 years or 20 years.

Exactly! And let’s be honest, we don’t know what the conference landscape will look like years from now. I won’t be surprised to see more regional conferences to help with travel.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, and the next time the stars align perfectly, we are in a P5, and playing a top 5 team while also being ranked and coming off a win at Auburn then we will fill Ray Jay, until then an OCS is critical to our survival. 

I'm not saying we don't need a stadium. I'm just saying we don't need a slip and slide are waterpark to get students to a football game

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

26 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Exactly! And let’s be honest, we don’t know what the conference landscape will look like years from now. I won’t be surprised to see more regional conferences to help with travel.

Bottom line - Don't turtle up and stop fighting because of a mistake made in the past.  It's good life advice as well...

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

This threads original post was pitching the idea of some type of lagoon, the consensus seemed to be thats stupid. If they're looking to do something to make this stadium unique how about...doing something similar to Baylors stadium where they have a ring of shade around the stadium. But then that shade extends past the stadium in a similar way to the new Hawaii stadium (link under the image), only for us it extends off both ends in the shape of Bull Horns.

Would give our stadium an iconic aerial view as it would look like our logo from above. And it would provide practical uses for the fans. Shade inside the stadium, and overhanging shade outside the stadium at the concourses, so while waiting in line to get in you are also waiting in the shade

mclanestadium.jpg

http://stadiumdb.com/img/news/2017/04/09aloha2.jpg

If they use a enclosure like this, it should be easy and the group who did Joe Robbie would be a great fit to give us shade

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

22 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

I might cry of happiness as I walk into USF stadium after tailgating on campus. No more red seats and neutral field atmosphere. This whole thing is awesome. 

They said it would not happen in our lifetimes 🤔

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Bull Daly said:

Yup! The best thing we can do is place ourselves into a strong position now... 

At least try (unlike the past decade)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, keith S said:

I'm not saying we don't need a stadium. I'm just saying we don't need a slip and slide are waterpark to get students to a football game

No lagoon... Take that investment and ensure that we have seatbacks and a nice game screen.