• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown - 81 days, Jersey #81

#81 Poll  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

As we count down the days to kickoff versus BYU, let's look at players that have worn the jersey of the same number.  Please add your comments or questions.

Marcus Rivers .................................. 1997
DeAndrew Rubin .............................. 1999
Travis Lipp...................................2001-02
S.J. Green ...................................2003-06
Dontavia Bogan...........................2007-10
Andre Davis.................................2011-13
Ryeshene Bronson......................2014-17
Kevin Purlett..................................... 2019
Garrett Reynolds..............................2021-

Bull Bits:

• Marcus Rivers recorded the Bulls' first blocked punt in program history against Morehead State on October 4, 1997.
  • DeAndrew Rubin was the first Bull to return a punt for a touchdown  - vs. James Madison in 2001; is tied for second most receptions in a game (11 @ Pittsburgh, 2001);  fourth in career receiving touchdowns (14); had three 100+ yard receiving games; trails only D'Ernest Johnson and Marlon Mack in career total yards; was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in 2003; led the Bulls in punt returns in 2000-02, All-Purpose Yards in 2001-02, Kickoff Returns Yards 1999-00 & 02; Wore #4 also
  • S.J. Green was a team captain in 2006; signed with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes in 2007
  • Dontavia Bogan is tied for 2nd in most receptions in one game (see Rubin, DeAndrew above) with 11; 7th on the all time receptions list with 107; 5th in both career receiving yards (1,534) and career TDs (tied, 12); second most kickoff returns in a Bulls career with 67, second all time in kickoff return yards (1,598); All Big-East conference in 2010; free agent signing with the San Francisco 49ers
  • Andre Davis holds the record for most receptions in a game (12, vs. Nevada) and in a career (153); holds the record for most career receiving yards (2,136) and has to of the top five one game receiving yards performances (191 and 154); is career leader in receiving touchdowns with 17; holds Bulls' record for consecutive games (31) with a reception; had six 100+ yards receiving games - career leader; last USF player to notch three straight 100 yard games (2013); signed as a free agent with the Buffalo Bills in 2015; Wore #7 also
  • Ryeshene Bronson is tied for 17th longest touchdown pass reception (73 yards from Quinton Flowers)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Some big names here!

Remember Rivers well that first season.

Rubin was awesome with his HS QB Blackwell!

Travis Lipp another good slot receiver.

S.J. Green . . . a CFL HOF !

Bogan was a good constant receiver for us.

Davis was a great one.

Bronson another good receiver for us.

GREAT MEMORIES !!!

Edited by E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

I voted for SJ Green because he was on the receiving end of one of the craziest plays I have ever witnessed live

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

Bogan is my favorite.  However, I want to give special recognition to the current number holder. Garrett Reynolds is from Lake Wales, which is where I reside.  Some good football players have come from this town, and I look forward to seeing more of him in the future. 

Go Highlanders and Go Bulls

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Bogan is my favorite.  However, I want to give special recognition to the current number holder. Garrett Reynolds is from Lake Wales, which is where I reside.  Some good football players have come from this town, and I look forward to seeing more of him in the future. 

Go Highlanders and Go Bulls

Polk county represent. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

bulloni was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Feel for Andre Davis, at least he got to experience that Notre Dame game because we didn't give him much else to reflect on.

Local kid with offers to some big programs decides to stay home. And why not, USF had played 11 years of D1 football and had winning records in 10 of them. Had just made bowl games 6 years in a row and beat Clemson and Miami to end the previous season. Plus was playing in a power conference.

He goes on to have a stellar career. Still is the career leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns here. Yet we have 4 straight losing seasons while he's here and drop out of a power conference while he's an upper classman.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Andre was a great player on some bad teams.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

Andre is a Bull. He was good on bad teams but liked to push off his db’s and it cost home a few great catches