• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three USF baseball players announce transfer portal status - The Oracle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Got do better than 57% in 11 years. 

7 years.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

7 years.

Yes, 7…if I go back 11 years it’s like 36%…pretty pathetic. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

Besides losing Jasiak, we also had 2 players that had a huge impact last year get suspended for some time during the season and ultimately kicked off the team during conf play that didn't help much. 

Looking to see how we rebound next year with some talent coming back and some big time recruits coming in.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, 7…if I go back 11 years it’s like 36%…pretty pathetic. 

Kingston came on in 2015.  Since then we have been to the NCAA tournament 4 out of 7 years (one year was cut short so I don't count that).   Kingston twice, then he was snatched by the P5, and Mohl twice.  Mohl's a first time HC that has also had to navigate a pandemic.  Prior to Kingston we had not made an NCAA appearance since 2002.   Our only Regional championship ever came last year.   Not sure why would pick 11 years unless we are just trying to be as negative as possible.   Since Kingston came on board, we have been competitive unless the only standard you are going to use is annual NCAA appearances and a National Championship.

4 hours ago, Big_Hairy_Bull said:

Besides losing Jasiak, we also had 2 players that had a huge impact last year get suspended for some time during the season and ultimately kicked off the team during conf play that didn't help much. 

Looking to see how we rebound next year with some talent coming back and some big time recruits coming in.

Go Bulls!

There were a few injuries beside Jasiak, but he was a big one.  It's tough to take your Friday night starter out of your rotation and still compete as a mid-major.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

Kingston came on in 2015.  Since then we have been to the NCAA tournament 4 out of 7 years (one year was cut short so I don't count that).   Kingston twice, then he was snatched by the P5, and Mohl twice.  Mohl's a first time HC that has also had to navigate a pandemic.  Prior to Kingston we had not made an NCAA appearance since 2002.   Our only Regional championship ever came last year.   Not sure why would pick 11 years unless we are just trying to be as negative as possible.   Since Kingston came on board, we have been competitive unless the only standard you are going to use is annual NCAA appearances and a National Championship.

No, I’m not trying to be negative. I chose 11 because I missed counted on my initial post.I am just not a fan of Mohl at all. I’ll give him one more year before I really pile on. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

14 hours ago, olafberserker said:

There were a few injuries beside Jasiak, but he was a big one.  It's tough to take your Friday night starter out of your rotation and still compete as a mid-major.

This still doesn't address the fielding and defense issues. Kingston was a shot in the arm for this program.

I'm not so sure about Mohl. This upcoming season is put up time for him, I think. Absent last season's hot streak, what else does Mohl point to as clear evidence of his success here?

Edited by Paisa el Toro

12 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

This still doesn't address the fielding and defense issues. Kingston was a shot in the arm for this program.

I'm not so sure about Mohl. This upcoming season is put up time for him, I think. Absent last season's hot streak, what else does Mohl point to as clear evidence of his success here?

Fielding and defensive issues aren't new to college baseball.   I'm not sure about him as a head coach either, but he has a conference championship, 2 NCAA appearances and a regional championship in his first 4 years as a Head Coach anywhere and he navigated us through the covid mess.  Not too shabby

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

This upcoming season is put up time for him

Hmmm. Where have i seen this before 🤔

On 6/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

No, I’m not trying to be negative. I chose 11 because I missed counted on my initial post.I am just not a fan of Mohl at all. I’ll give him one more year before I really pile on. 

Why are you not a fan?  Is it his 2 NCAA appearances in only 4 years as a head coach anywhere?  Or the 2 as the pitching coach?  Or the conference championship and ncaa regional championship as a head coach?

I'm not 100% sure he is the next Ron Fraser or Skip Bertman, but we could do a lot worse and I would think we would be ecstatic with the success the baseball program has had over the past 7 years compared to the debacle that is mbb and football

Just now, Sk00b said:

Hmmm. Where have i seen this before 🤔

CJL?