• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three USF baseball players announce transfer portal status - The Oracle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

CJL?

All our current coaches it seems like. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

All our current coaches it seems like. 

Ah, gotcha.  I thought you were referencing people wanting a coach gone that has actually had some success here.  Of course guys on here have called for Ericksen's and Fernandez's head so why not Mohl's as well.

I can't figure out why Mohl is lumped in with Gregory and Scott though?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

fireeveryone.gif.0625e2223c68d0b4ff6c8c1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, olafberserker said:

Why are you not a fan?  Is it his 2 NCAA appearances in only 4 years as a head coach anywhere?  Or the 2 as the pitching coach?  Or the conference championship and ncaa regional championship as a head coach?

I'm not 100% sure he is the next Ron Fraser or Skip Bertman, but we could do a lot worse and I would think we would be ecstatic with the success the baseball program has had over the past 7 years compared to the debacle that is mbb and football

CJL?

I don't understand why you're having such a problem with people being skeptical about Mohl.  His first year he had a lot of talent left over from Kingston.  What happened the next year?  We quite literally didn't even qualify for the conference tournament in our own back yard. Might also want to take a look back at the 2020 season before everything hit the fan with covid...again, not great.  Every team in the country had to navigate through covid, we're no exception.  2021? We had a pretty bad regular season.  I'll give him the regional win, because that's very impressive and deserves to be recognized.  2022? went back to the trend we saw prior to the post season run from 2021.  This wasn't a good season at all.  2 players got kicked off the team that had no business being back on it in the first place.  I'm sure that did wonders for the locker room.  It's great that you like Mohl, it really is.  But don't be surprised when a lot of people want better.  At the end of the day, we're still not even a top 5 team in our conference, and being in the state of Florida with that kind of result just isn't good.   

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, OcalaBull2 said:

I don't understand why you're having such a problem with people being skeptical about Mohl.  His first year he had a lot of talent left over from Kingston.  What happened the next year?  We quite literally didn't even qualify for the conference tournament in our own back yard. Might also want to take a look back at the 2020 season before everything hit the fan with covid...again, not great.  Every team in the country had to navigate through covid, we're no exception.  2021? We had a pretty bad regular season.  I'll give him the regional win, because that's very impressive and deserves to be recognized.  2022? went back to the trend we saw prior to the post season run from 2021.  This wasn't a good season at all.  2 players got kicked off the team that had no business being back on it in the first place.  I'm sure that did wonders for the locker room.  It's great that you like Mohl, it really is.  But don't be surprised when a lot of people want better.  At the end of the day, we're still not even a top 5 team in our conference, and being in the state of Florida with that kind of result just isn't good.   

2 NCAA regional appearances, an NCAA regional championship, and a conference championship in his first 4 years as a head coach anywhere.  I'll wait for you to list the coaches that have done that at USF.  Better than that?  Good luck.  It's not so much about Mohl as it is the ridiculous expectations of our fan base.  Meanwhile MBB and football can't get out of their own way.

16 hours ago, olafberserker said:

2 NCAA regional appearances, an NCAA regional championship, and a conference championship in his first 4 years as a head coach anywhere.  I'll wait for you to list the coaches that have done that at USF.  Better than that?  Good luck.  It's not so much about Mohl as it is the ridiculous expectations of our fan base.  Meanwhile MBB and football can't get out of their own way.

Whoa, I'm sorry, what? How is it ridiculous to have an expectation of not having a losing conference record for three years straight? I give him credit for the regional win but what did he have to show for it the following season? You can't skate by and expect to compete in the conference every season if you can barely make it to .500 year after year.  I expect us to at least be competitive in the conference and quite frankly, we should be making it to a regional pretty often.  We're a school with a 50k enrollment in the heart of a state that has as much talent as possible.  

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

11 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Whoa, I'm sorry, what? How is it ridiculous to have an expectation of not having a losing conference record for three years straight? I give him credit for the regional win but what did he have to show for it the following season? You can't skate by and expect to compete in the conference every season if you can barely make it to .500 year after year.  I expect us to at least be competitive in the conference and quite frankly, we should be making it to a regional pretty often.  We're a school with a 50k enrollment in the heart of a state that has as much talent as possible.  

Did I miss the list of coaches?   

This post just further illustrates the ridiculous expectations or maybe they are just misinformed.  We haven't had 3 straight losing conference seasons, but even if we did so what.  Prado I think had 3 losing conference seasons in like 12 years here  ... and no NCAA tournament appearances.   There are 13 D1 baseball programs in Florida.  Are they all supposed to make the NCAA tournament every year? 4 of them are P5 (huge advantage) and recruiting is global.  There is no real advantage for us when it comes to the top talent because we are located in Florida.  Top colleges from the entire country are recruiting top talent from everywhere

We've made the tournament 2 out of his 4 full years and won a regional and conference title.  That isn't good enough?  What is?   

Edited by olafberserker

24 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Did I miss the list of coaches?   

This post just further illustrates the ridiculous expectations or maybe they are just misinformed.  We haven't had 3 straight losing conference seasons, but even if we did so what.

So what? Are you kidding? That’s fine, ride off into the sunset with your bag full of participation trophies. & excuse me, 2 of our last 3 were losing conference records, and the other 1 was .500. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

I’m not ready to can him yet, but if you take away about two weeks last June, his seat is extra hot.  Let’s face it, not much happening outside of two weekends where they caught fire.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

How do so many topics on this board go off the rails to nothing related to title?

WTF, really?