• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF stadium tests alumni's generosity

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Slapping something nice in the middle of a crappy area doesn't seem like a fix to me. They need to figure out how they can clean up the neighborhoods around the school.

I agree that it’s not going to fix the area but hard to imagine it won’t help at least marginally.

the # of students/academics living on campus or within 3-4 miles has increased dramatically in the last 10 years. I think it’s just going to take another 10ish years until the the area feels like it’s on the upswing as businesses are replaced and homes/apartments are renovated to accommodate all these new people

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

I agree that it’s not going to fix the area but hard to imagine it won’t help at least marginally.

the # of students/academics living on campus or within 3-4 miles has increased dramatically in the last 10 years. I think it’s just going to take another 10ish years until the the area feels like it’s on the upswing as businesses are replaced and homes/apartments are renovated to accommodate all these new people

Most of those new additions are north and south of campus in the newer apartment complexes that have been built.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Slapping something nice in the middle of a crappy area doesn't seem like a fix to me. They need to figure out how they can clean up the neighborhoods around the school.

Idk it's a start. I mean this is exactly how they cleaned up the River Walk area. Slapped Armature Works and the River Walk in. Property taxes then shot up and many of the folks couldn't afford to live there. Developers rolled in and purchased properties for cash and split the lots into two and then threw up big 'ol houses up on them. Attracted young well off families and new businesses and the entire area is changing. It is a bit of a different animal with all the apartments around USF, but it can be done.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, usfsig said:

Idk it's a start. I mean this is exactly how they cleaned up the River Walk area. Slapped Armature Works and the River Walk in. Property taxes then shot up and many of the folks couldn't afford to live there. Developers rolled in and purchased properties for cash and split the lots into two and then threw up big 'ol houses up on them. Attracted young well off families and new businesses and the entire area is changing. It is a bit of a different animal with all the apartments around USF, but it can be done.

Again... that area was mostly single-family homes, whereas the USF area is nearly all multi-tenant buildings or bigger apartment complexes.  Instead of buying a couple of $400,000 houses, it will be millions of dollars to buy existing properties.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Hmmmm.  Columbia Group Stadium?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

27 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I could go for any amount of Columbia tie in action.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/30/2022 at 2:50 PM, Triple B said:

Come on, man, stop with the "us" and "we" stuff. You're not really a USF fan so please go back to using the pronouns you used when you came in as ECUshoein:

6 years ago you’re focused on pronouns.  That’s a long time ago.  Again, long memories aren’t good ones necessarily.  I was 100% right too at the time unfortunately.  There aren’t enough fans for you dictate allegiance and you’re far from the authority to try to do so.  Living so far in the past is a very Bulls thing to do.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

If they serve cuban food I'm in.