• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK’s vision

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

It's all because of the Indian burial ground. We need to move the University and do some spiritual dances or we will never be successful. I'm thinking we invade that school to the East, take it over, demolish it, and rebuild. We solve 2 problems. :1396_metal_tone2:

Good idea Vlad.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

the new president needs to give the AD and the athletic department a mandate to win and emphasize winning championships

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, smazza said:

the new president needs to give the AD and the athletic department a mandate to win and emphasize winning championships

We can just start with winning more often than we lose. 

14 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Yeah I know who I'm dealing with.  I enjoy his unbridled rage most of the time, but I just want the chance to counter it in case anyone else starts to be convinced that we just need to "win" or that the current coach or AD are the reason we sucked for over a decade when they weren't here. 

We really really reallllllly need everyone to buy into the fact that facilities upgrades are necessary when the fundraising starts or else it won't succeed.  And without those upgrades to make us attractive to recruits and the Big12, we'll be stuck spending the next 15 years still pining for Leavitt and the good ole days instead of winning meaningful games with top talent.

No one claims that VPMK invented losing just that he had perfected the art at a level not seen by any other person that has led our athletics. There is a direct correlation in the graphs of years of service of VPMK and number of losses between the football and basketball teams. Every year that he is here is worse than the last, there is no reason to believe that’s going to change and if it doesn’t there certainly is no need to invest in anything.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

On 3/24/2022 at 8:38 AM, Triple B said:

Totally agree with the relocation of the University for the reason stated, even though for me it would be a huge inconvenience. However, if we're going to invade another school I'd do FGCU, actually located in south Florida. Even after demolishing the school in Oviedo I'm not sure any amount of decontaminating would make it habitable for most of our lifetimes ........... plus, they're like roaches that would just pop up somewhere else anyway.

You're right, we would need to follow the nuclear meltdown protocols... would make things difficult for building anytime soon, plus the roaches you mentioned...FGCU it is!

While most people would think starting small and then growing organically would be a good idea I think the unexpected nature of a college invasion means we should go big before they have a chance to mobilize. Gainesville is full of hippies and gives us the most bang for our buck, they are the only choice.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

While most people would think starting small and then growing organically would be a good idea I think the unexpected nature of a college invasion means we should go big before they have a chance to mobilize. Gainesville is full of hippies and gives us the most bang for our buck, they are the only choice.

Did you see UF play last season?  

After they pummeled us, they pretty much imploded, so annexation of Gainesville in-order to improve the lot of USF football is probably not worth the trouble 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Did you see UF play last season?  

After they pummeled us, they pretty much imploded, so annexation of Gainesville in-order to improve the lot of USF football is probably not worth the trouble 

We immediately get into the sec, and annex every fan in our immediate area. If we can’t win from there it’s kind of silly to think we would succeed with FGCU instead of just do the types of things are athletic department does with its resources and opportunities. This is a direct infusion of money, prestige and fans.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/22/2022 at 4:35 PM, michibull said:

So, I like what you said here; and it is pretty accurate. Looking as USF athletics objectively, we are bad at everything with voids in key areas. If your program doesn’t have a good foundation, what coach of quality will come here. If we take a breath, take some time and invest in ourselves, improve core areas (facilities, university support, investments…..), then we are actually building upon a foundation for the future. We need to understand we are basically building from scratch. We now have our President, VPMK has shown he can get facilities built and has good connections for conference expansion, we now have a BoT that supports athletics, IPF is being built and an OCS plan that is progressing like we have never seen before. Going through a complete rebuild sucks, but with a good plan, foundation and discipline, the fruits of the labor will be sweet!! 🤘

Looking forward to the day when we hoist the conference championship trophy in football but at this rate I'll be dead (of old age) before that happens.