• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory "news"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

"let me dumb it down for you".  No thanks.  I don't need to stoop to your level and be dumb.  You seem to have already cornered the market on that.

Ok either way we need to start winning, thanks Nostradamus.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You are okay with the money we spent on the IPF though, right?

Money needs to be spent on practice and sports facilities in general, no issues there.  If they had not torn down the old Sombrero after they built Ray Jay and that's where USF was playing their games then USF would need it's own stadium.  I'm not against spending money when and where it's needed.  I just personally think winning would do A LOT more for attendance than a new stadium.  And after "the 3 little pigs" leave the AAC and the "irrelevant 6" arrive, I think  more people will look at the cost and time of attending football games and opt out, regardless of where the games are played.  Same for basketball.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

5 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

"let me dumb it down for you".  No thanks.  I don't need to stoop to your level and be dumb.  You seem to have already cornered the market on that.

This has been discussed at length on other threads, so I’ll keep it “cliff notes” length. An OCS will HELP with the following:

1) In business, you NEVER rent when you can own, it’s a waste of money.

2) OCS brings grandparents, parents and kids to the campus for potential bonding time. Sharing of past experiences and memories while walking around the campus increases the likely hood of kids WANTING to go to USF too. It also creates traditions other than going to the Bucs stadium and tailgating. 
3) Student experience. This stadium is NOT about you, it’s about the current and prospective students. When they can walk to games and tailgate Saturday mornings, on campus with their friends, it means more. When prospective students (future business) see the campus life and good times that take place on game day, it’s attractive to them. Shedding the commuter school reputation. Yes, it helps with problem that still exists. 
4) Culture. When football players practice in the shadow the grand stage, it brings a different energy to the program. 

5) USF stadium, not Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ray Jay is nice, but it doesn’t have the “college” football environment, especially with red seats and a giant pirate ship. OUR stadium should bleed USF.

6) Any television exposure can show off the campus and students  Ray Jay cannot do that. Hopefully Game Day will visit us and it would be nice to have them on campus and not at Ray Jay  

7) Stability. Although a stadium alone won’t bring in general fans, it will help keeping alumni and students showing more often because of traditions and convenience. For students on and around campus, it will be something to do on a Saturday while still hungover from the Friday night party, without having to drive a distance.

😎 98% of Universities have OCS’. Why? See all of the reasons above. 

So while you may disagree, there are facts and 98% of other universities that support on campus stadiums. 🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, michibull said:

So while you may disagree, there are facts and 98% of other universities that support on campus stadiums. 🤘

Yeah, but we're in the bottom 1% of universities in wins the past few years. Maybe an OCS is for the top 98% of schools.

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yeah, but we're in the bottom 1% of universities in wins the past few years. Maybe an OCS is for the top 98% of schools.

That is true. The OCS won’t create more wins, but it is an investment the all of the other aspects; which I personally feel is important. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

14 minutes ago, michibull said:

😎 98% of Universities have OCS’. Why?

Because 99% of them wouldn't have had anywhere to play football when they started up if they didn't  :rolleyes: ....... but the rest of your points were pretty solid.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Because 99% of them wouldn't have had anywhere to play football when they started up if they didn't  :rolleyes: ....... but the rest of your points were pretty solid.

Haha, true and fair enough 😁

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BullShirt said:

Seriously?  Are you kidding me?  "The university will prosper and flourish as we perform tours and Saturday is buzzing with activity"?

You must first ask yourself "How many people do we lose when we move from RayJay to USF because they dont want to make the drive?"  It's more than you think.  Then ask yourself "How many more people will show up for this $h1t Show just because we have a pretty new stadium on campus?"  It ain't as many as you think.

USF must fix the product they are selling FB and MBB before worrying about new facilities.  There are A LOT of schools with better facilities that look like ghost towns because their product sucks too.  Why would USF be any different?  Oh I forgot, because it's USF.

Would a new showroom have saved Yugo?  Or FIAT? Or (insert failing / failed car brand with crap for product here) in this country?  No.

SO just how many more people do think will show up just because they build a new stadium on campus?  And how long do you think they will put up with this crap?

You are assuming that the **** show will continue and that is still to be determined. I would submit that a new stadium will get people there just because it is a new stadium at least for the first few years. But yes, we need to start winning and ASAP. Ray Jay is not a good look right now, and guess what it was not great with a great team with a great QB in Flowers. It looks terrible for the tv cameras. In terms of fans showing up at USF, we need to win, get to the B12 or ACC, and the fans will be there. Even if it’s only 35k, it won’t look terrible on TV.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

31 minutes ago, michibull said:

That is true. The OCS won’t create more wins, but it is an investment the all of the other aspects; which I personally feel is important. 

True, it represents MORE than just football for the university. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, michibull said:

This has been discussed at length on other threads, so I’ll keep it “cliff notes” length. An OCS will HELP with the following:

1) In business, you NEVER rent when you can own, it’s a waste of money.

2) OCS brings grandparents, parents and kids to the campus for potential bonding time. Sharing of past experiences and memories while walking around the campus increases the likely hood of kids WANTING to go to USF too. It also creates traditions other than going to the Bucs stadium and tailgating. 
3) Student experience. This stadium is NOT about you, it’s about the current and prospective students. When they can walk to games and tailgate Saturday mornings, on campus with their friends, it means more. When prospective students (future business) see the campus life and good times that take place on game day, it’s attractive to them. Shedding the commuter school reputation. Yes, it helps with problem that still exists. 
4) Culture. When football players practice in the shadow the grand stage, it brings a different energy to the program. 

5) USF stadium, not Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ray Jay is nice, but it doesn’t have the “college” football environment, especially with red seats and a giant pirate ship. OUR stadium should bleed USF.

6) Any television exposure can show off the campus and students  Ray Jay cannot do that. Hopefully Game Day will visit us and it would be nice to have them on campus and not at Ray Jay  

7) Stability. Although a stadium alone won’t bring in general fans, it will help keeping alumni and students showing more often because of traditions and convenience. For students on and around campus, it will be something to do on a Saturday while still hungover from the Friday night party, without having to drive a distance.

😎 98% of Universities have OCS’. Why? See all of the reasons above. 

All of your points are so nicely presented and have a real degree of validity. Excellent points Michi! 

• Upvote 1