• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB= Throwback Unis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Conference tourney set. Bulls will be the 2 seed and face winner of Memphis and east Carolina 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That team I saw yesterday could beat anyone 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,708
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

That team I saw yesterday could beat anyone 

That seemed to be the case until Alvarez went down. The starters will have to play 40 minutes and Sydney will have to make a shot or 3.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,159
  • Days Won:  56

Anybody else wondering why Jose took his foot off the gas so early last night? I know he was trying not to embarrass Houston, but he basically started running the clock out by mid-3rd quarter. As sluggish as we've looked over the past two months, I would have liked to have seen us keep on keeping on for a bit longer to take that momentum into the conference tournament instead of basically going to the stall for the final quarter and a half. At this point, it might have been more valuable to our group than making Houston feel less bad about itself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,708
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Anybody else wondering why Jose took his foot off the gas so early last night? I know he was trying not to embarrass Houston, but he basically started running the clock out by mid-3rd quarter. As sluggish as we've looked over the past two months, I would have liked to have seen us keep on keeping on for a bit longer to take that momentum into the conference tournament instead of basically going to the stall for the final quarter and a half. At this point, it might have been more valuable to our group than making Houston feel less bad about itself.

Agree. Part of it was the Houston intensity.  Their coach must have reamed them a new one.  They played as if possessed.  Needed the momentum going into Ft Worth. And, if you were going to just run the clock, the subs should have been in and Alvarez wouldn't have been injured.  Speaking of the subs, if Pinzan and Harvey don't come back I see some darker times next year. Dulcy is the only new player on the team to make a contribution. Everyone else contributing was on the roster last year. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,159
  • Days Won:  56

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Agree. Part of it was the Houston intensity.  Their coach must have reamed them a new one.  They played as if possessed.  Needed the momentum going into Ft Worth. And, if you were going to just run the clock, the subs should have been in and Alvarez wouldn't have been injured.  Speaking of the subs, if Pinzan and Harvey don't come back I see some darker times next year. Dulcy is the only new player on the team to make a contribution. Everyone else contributing was on the roster last year. 

They are definitely in for a rebuild next year - but looking at the rosters of the other top teams in the league - UCF and Tulane - they have the same issue. Both of them have nothing but seniors and super seniors in their starting lineups right now. At least we can build around Tsineke and Dulcy.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

I would not be surprised if Jose and his recruiting staff have multiple 4 or 5 star international recruits/transfers already lined up. Basing that purely on the past though. 🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I would not be surprised if Jose and his recruiting staff have multiple 4 or 5 star international recruits/transfers already lined up. Basing that purely on the past though. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully we weren’t relying on anyone from Russia 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I was actually wondering why he didn't have the bench in earlier in the game when we were up so big. I figured he wanted to keep his main players going to prep for tournament time. In Jose I trust. 🙂

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hopefully we weren’t relying on anyone from Russia 

Not sure about Russia, but if he can find some Ukrainian or Slovenian players we'd be set.