• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Track and Field Indoor Conference Championships

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am simply saying it does not have a TV following in our country and a few school’s like  UTEP, Houston, TXA&M.UT, and Tech have great programs but the following is shrinking.  Track is dead, have somebody on this thread besides you name one track star?  Can’t do it bro.

LMAO…Well there is no way in hell I would use this board as proof of popularity for any sport (including football). To say the sport is “dead” is doubling down on stupidity. But whatever, if you don’t like the posts then skip over them. Maybe you can find another thread and catch up on some softball or golf…”bro”… 😂😂

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LMAO…Well there is no way in hell I would use this board as proof of popularity for any sport (including football). To say the sport is “dead” is doubling down on stupidity. But whatever, if you don’t like the posts then skip over them. Maybe you can find another thread and catch up on some softball or golf…”bro”… 😂😂

I am only saying dead in the US. The sport may be thriving elsewhere but in our country it is dying, you can call me stupid all you want but you can’t defend the apathy toward the sport in our wonderful country. 

37 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am only saying dead in the US. The sport may be thriving elsewhere but in our country it is dying, you can call me stupid all you want but you can’t defend the apathy toward the sport in our wonderful country. 

Did not call you stupid but your position is. Apathy? Perhaps to a degree but dead? No f’n way. Every indoor meet in Boston and NYC has 3,000 people watching. A lot? No, but the number is consistent. The outdoor national meets including the diamond league and the NCAA championships gets around 20/30 k. In terms of collegiate track, yes it does not have big following other than the previously mentioned schools, but so what. It is still just as popular as most of the other Olympic sports on campus. Of course the big gun is the Olympics where T&F gets the highest ratings of any sport (more than basketball). Where do all of the American runners come from? American universities. Thus, there is always some people who will follow regardless. Where are the 2028 games? LA. There will be 90k there each day there is T&F. Now, does it disappear after the Olympics? Certainly it does, but again it is NOT dead as you postulate. Again, I really don’t give too 💩 if you follow or care about USF T&F, you can easily do what I do relative to WBB, softball, golf, etc. and just skip over them. I will say one thing for you, man, you sure do know how to kill a positive vibe about the Bulls performing well on the track after all of the years doing absolutely nothing. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s the 2nd most popular sport in the world. The reason it does not resonate that well in the US is Because of poor marketing by the American track Federation. Another problem with it in America is that there is no gambling associated with it. But that being said, in states like Oregon, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, and yes Texas (Known for their sprinters) it is quite popular. Those states have very good programs on the collegiate level and do have a following. And of course in terms of participation, it is unsurpassed. To call it a dying sport would be to say that one day it will die, and there’s just no way that will ever happen on any level.

Sometimes you have to ignore Frisco 

30 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

😂😂😂, nah it’s all good. I know how Frisco works, he just likes a good debate  (and he does make good points…even if his thesis is off) and I get a T&F debate on TBP. Hey this mother ******* thread on T&F is now longer than the last basketball game thread! 🤘🤘 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

kenny-powers-i-play-real-sports.gif

CB6E9701-1C32-473F-9532-257D1486F299.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Those 2 are like the grumpy old men Muppets except they go after each other instead of everything else ……… mostly. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Friscobull said:

. . . have somebody on this thread besides you name one track star?  Can’t do it bro.

Athing Mu - defending Olympic Womens 800 champion.  Also watched her at the 2021 NCAAs - she came from 30 meters behind as the anchor of the TAMU 4x4 and won by a good 30+

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Track is very much alive in Florida - my son’s high school ran a meet last weekend, they had 23 teams and over 1000 competitors.  Between entries, parking, concessions and tickets, they made almost 15K - not bad for a public high school athletic event

• Like 1