• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#ThrowBackThursday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

40??? Hell Son, I got socks older than you..............! 😂    No more Alex Karras days in the Motor City. Lions use to be tough in the old days. Funny, as great a football player as he was, I cant forget his movie role as Mongo in Blazing Saddles. Of course, the Detroit Chief of Police is pretty much a take no crap guy. Never know, once Skippy the Holtz hones his skills in the USFL he may end up the Lions coach and take them to greatness.................................or, down the tubes. 

Haha, yeah man, I remember watching Blazing Saddles with my dad all the time; he always brought up Alex Karras when he knocked out the horse, would then tell me stories how he was that tough on the field (definitely a different era). I can’t believe Skippy still has a job, haha. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/13/2022 at 6:36 AM, E.T. said:

Andre Hall - Football - USF Athletics

wasn't this our first bowl?  and, first ever time to be shut out?

Edited by gibbsak
typo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

wasn't this our first bowl?  and, first ever time to be shut out?

Yes and yes..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, michibull said:

Haha, yeah man, I remember watching Blazing Saddles with my dad all the time; he always brought up Alex Karras when he knocked out the horse, would then tell me stories how he was that tough on the field (definitely a different era). I can’t believe Skippy still has a job, haha. 

And, least we forget.....Mongo and the rest sitting around the campfire eating beans and farting

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

During my junior high school years in Connecticut, our bus driver (who looked like the bus driver on Simpsons) let the kids smoke pot and he played lots of rock from his 8-Track, including Meatloaf!

Late '70's

Excellent, Smithers: Harry Shearer's 10 Best 'Simpsons' Characters -  Rolling Stone

Looking at him and reading what transpired---I hope he didnt take indecent liberties with you..🙄

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

13 hours ago, BulledOver said:

In the early days of USF football seems like tougher/hungrier players were recruited. Of course, there weren't the distractions like today. Social media was a fledgling now it's a constant distraction. 80's-90's players were more like those generations that preceded them, they had to pay their dues and move up the ladder and over the hurdles to get recognition and possibly a shot at the NFL. Kids get too many accolades to early so when they get to high school/college there isn't much left for them to attain. Probably why so many fall to the wayside or lose interest or, get into trouble acting out. Times have changed and, in my opinion, not all for the better. It's hard to coach "heart" if a player doesn't feel it. When we do get a player now that is kinda a throwback, we all go on about them. Just an old guy's ramblings and, Meatloaf died so I'm bummed today. Peace-Out 

We were fortunate to see one of his last performances. He was at Busch Gardens a few years ago and read after that that he may not be performing again.  Think he did but not as much.  Concert wasn't great but just seeing him was.

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We were fortunate to see one of his last performances. He was at Busch Gardens a few years ago and read after that that he may not be performing again.  Think he did but not as much.  Concert wasn't great but just seeing him was.

Yeah he didnt look to healthy after his health issues a number of years ago. But, the dude could perform.