• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory must go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

if we start a hopscotch team we have our leader. 

His knees are probably shot at this stage of the game however I would like to to bring him on as a coach/consultant that is if he is allowed to be around kids.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

Real Time RPI currently projects us to finish the season at 9-22.

There is no logic in extending Gregory other than Kelly doesn't want to think about it so he can focus solely on fundraising, the OCS and Big 12 invite.

Edited by SantaBull

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Gregory's first year was rough, finished with 10 wins.

But they closed out the end of the season with 2 impressive wins against Memphis and SMU. Then just lost by 2 to Memphis in the conference tournament. The next season we carried that momentum and started off 17-6, finishing with 24 wins and the CBI title.

Maybe Gregory's system just takes a while to gel, and Kelly is confident that this is just a rebuilding year to get all the new guys acclimated and next year will be better? If that's the case though we should look a lot better by the end of the year than right now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

But they closed out the end of the season with 2 impressive wins against Memphis and SMU. Then just lost by 2 to Memphis in the conference tournament. The next season we carried that momentum and started off 17-6, finishing with 24 wins and the CBI title.

Maybe Gregory's system just takes a while to gel, and Kelly is confident that this is just a rebuilding year to get all the new guys acclimated and next year will be better? If that's the case though we should look a lot better by the end of the year than right now.

Gregory cannot get the players needed to run his system and IMO his system is flawed in terms of success at this level. 

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

This is really about blind faith.  This team is now in conference play and should get shellacked the rest of the year and it will be challenging to see improvement when they will continuously lose by double digits in the majority of the remaining contests.  I can’t stomach to even watch them anymore, tonight will be a bloodbath and will be at the hands of a middle of the road conference foe, to me it is like we gave up on the year and maybe even the next couple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Gregory cannot get the players needed to run his system and IMO his system is flawed in terms of success at this level. 

That is a great point, kinda like football running the pro style.  Where are the coaches that will adapt to the talent and make adjustments.  He is too old of a dog to learn a new trick. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This is really about blind faith.  This team is now in conference play and should get shellacked the rest of the year and it will be challenging to see improvement when they will continuously lose by double digits in the majority of the remaining contests.  I can’t stomach to even watch them anymore, tonight will be a bloodbath and will be at the hands of a middle of the road conference foe, to me it is like we gave up on the year and maybe even the next couple.

On the bright side it should be easy money to just bet against this team every game

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

On the bright side it should be easy money to just bet against this team every game

It isn’t though, USF is plus 14.5 tonight.  They can get run out of the gym and still back door cover in garbage time.  I would take SMU in a rout but this is far from easy money. 

Gregory teams have blown 23 second half leads in the last 2+ seasons

24 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We are 5-9 ATS and the total has gone under in 11 of 14 games.