• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory must go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pitino was in the crowd the last time I went to a USF basketball game vs. Cincinnati, I think three years ago.  Opportunity knocked. 

God that kills me…

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

21 hours ago, bowman1 said:

That is really a proper noun, not two words😊

Proper nouns are words, so technically those are two words. 

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope, can his ass 10 seconds after we lose in the first round of the conference tournament. 

Put a fork in his ass, he is all done!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If by the end of January, MBB is still hot garbage, which it most likely will be then jettison Gregory and let one of the assistants see what they can do.  Can’t get any worse.

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Proper nouns are words, so technically those are two words. 

Put a fork in his ass, he is all done!

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If by the end of January, MBB is still hot garbage, which it most likely will be then jettison Gregory and let one of the assistants see what they can do.  Can’t get any worse.

I have not seen anything from him  on Twitter in a long time. He used to be very rah-rah about USF now there is nothing from him. I suspect he knows he is gone once the season is done. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have not seen anything from him  on Twitter in a long time. He used to be very rah-rah about USF now there is nothing from him. I suspect he knows he is gone once the season is done. 

He cobbled together one last ditch effort this year and it just wasn’t meant to be.  There is no way he can save his job, I don’t see us winning more than 3 games in conference.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He cobbled together one last ditch effort this year and it just wasn’t meant to be.  There is no way he can save his job, I don’t see us winning more than 3 games in conference.

Same

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

On 12/31/2021 at 7:51 AM, Bullrush33 said:

A lot of these players are going nowhere fast and it doesn't seem like Gregory is going to bring in any players any different. So you tell me do we wait another 3 years of this? For what?

On 12/31/2021 at 11:18 AM, Sellular1 said:

Jeez Trip, I can predict to the minute when your post will show up after somebody says anything about needing a change.  

Also as a fun game it would be cool to see if we could guess who wrote the replies without being able to see their screen name.  I bet you and Smazza’s posts would be guessed 100% of the time and everyone else some % less than that

You both need to learn how to ******* read. I didn't defend anybody:

On 12/31/2021 at 12:46 AM, Triple B said:

Awesome, another entry for the ****heads’ Mega Thread ….. and this is not a defense of Gregory. Unless a miracle happens this year and we see a completely different team in conf play than we have so far, we’ll be starting over …… again …… for 2022-23. 
This is maybe worse than the handwringing over the Gasparilla Bowl. We haven’t played/lost an MBB game in almost a week yet there was a need for this thread because those ********* won a game?? We should be better because we HAVE been better in the past and can do it again, not because those ******** are better now. 

I guess I should have kept it short and sweet as to not have confused you. Cuban knows the audience better and made it clear in a kinder gentler way:

On 12/31/2021 at 11:31 AM, Cubanbull said:

It is NOT just about UCF winning a game. It’s about where our program stands as we end 2021.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

So has anyone asked why these coaches, who all look like sure fire winners coming in, go out looking so bad? Maybe there are deeper, structural issues that need to be addressed before ANYBODY can win here? And if all these guys keep failing ugly, what makes anyone think that a coach with real street cred would risk it here without those deeper problems being addressed?

Firing Gregory at this point is just another opportunity to put yet another usf head coach on early retirement and pay them not to win here. Are we getting tired of this? Couldn’t the money be better used to fix the endemic problems?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Hire a head coach. Big celebration.

Struggle to win. Get fired.

Pay buyout. Rinse, repeat…

Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Bull Loney said:

Hire a head coach. Big celebration.

Struggle to win. Get fired.

Pay buyout. Rinse, repeat…

Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

So play without coach? What do you suggest? That is a real and viable option