• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strategy for Remaining Recruits/Transfers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

DE and OL...we should be set if we can land a few more in those spots...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I say get one of those transfer QBs to push Timmy

if our qb play doesnt improve it will be a long year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Get an o-line that can pass block and TMc won’t need to be pushed.

Timmys footwork and decision making were suspect last year.  If he doesnt greatly improve it will be a long year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Timmys footwork and decision making were suspect last year.  If he doesnt greatly improve it will be a long year. 

I've read several opinions from people that know the position way better than I do and they don't necessarily disagree with you, but they ALL think he will be an elite college QB. So, if he had another couple of seconds(better o-line play) to make those decisions we win the game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I've read several opinions from people that know the position way better than I do and they don't necessarily disagree with you, but they ALL think he will be an elite college QB. So, if he had another couple of seconds(better o-line play) to make those decisions we win the game.

Well he likely isn't going to get a couple of more seconds next year from the OL so he better learn to adapt and the coaches need to adapt to the OL they have and devise better play calling to fit this OL..otherwise they gone next year. 

The success of Scott next year rest I think mostly with how Weiss calls games as an OC...there is no reason why that offense with what they have and brought in can't avg over 30 points a game. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Well he likely isn't going to get a couple of more seconds next year from the OL so he better learn to adapt and the coaches need to adapt to the OL they have and devise better play calling to fit this OL..otherwise they gone next year. 

Agree with all of that except, "otherwise they gone next year." We'll see improvement simply because he's a year older, plus, the defense should be much improved. So, "otherwise they gone next year." won't happen.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Agree with all of that except, "otherwise they gone next year." We'll see improvement simply because he's a year older, plus, the defense should be much improved. So, "otherwise they gone next year." won't happen.

I agree I do hope he is better next year and I feel good the defense will be much improved.  

I am just not sold on Weiss at OC.

The they gone had to do with if the team fails and wins less than 5 games..but I am pretty confident this team is going bowling next year. 

But in regards to the portal...OL and DL if we are going to add anyone else...maybe a good corner if possible.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

On 12/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, BDYZR said:

I agree Timmy will get better, but I think blaming the o line for his struggles last year is a stretch. Too many throws where he doesn't set his feet. 

I called it before the NFL year that the Cardinals were going to be amazing because Kyler Murray is a fantastic runner who reads the defense while he scrambles and sets his feet. Timmy LOOKS like he's playing hero ball all game. Like it's a video game to him. He must get better at reading defenses and work on being much more accurate, which are not easily fixable. 

While Flowers had issues with accuracy, I never saw him as reckless with the ball, and he seemed to put more effort in his footwork. 

I like Timmy, but it's not a given that he progresses

On 12/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, BDYZR said:

I agree Timmy will get better, but I think blaming the o line for his struggles last year is a stretch. Too many throws where he doesn't set his feet. 

I called it before the NFL year that the Cardinals were going to be amazing because Kyler Murray is a fantastic runner who reads the defense while he scrambles and sets his feet. Timmy LOOKS like he's playing hero ball all game. Like it's a video game to him. He must get better at reading defenses and work on being much more accurate, which are not easily fixable. 

While Flowers had issues with accuracy, I never saw him as reckless with the ball, and he seemed to put more effort in his footwork. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Cards ain’t amazing anymore…

• Haha 1