• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

about time the school uses the old logos for merch! I definitely want to see more of this. 

homefield has a really nice collection of retro USF gear as well.

We've created the best USF collection for our Bulls fans! With classic vintage marks and original designs inspired by USF history, these designs are perfect for your next...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For a program that is still so young, it’s hard for me to want to buy “retro.” 

I don't know, I still have nostalgia for this one even though the revamp after was better:
image.png.e1ebfce95e6ff0f6963ba5ea2e99ed57.png

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't know, I still have nostalgia for this one even though the revamp after was better:

Now you know that wasn't the Athletic logo, so it was replaced by the times new roman (bottom left), followed by Merrill Lynch bull(bottom right), then finally, now USF uses the athletic logo as the University logo. 

Brand New: New Logo and Identity for University of South Florida by Spark

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

35 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Now you know that wasn't the Athletic logo, so it was replaced by the times new roman (bottom left), followed by Merrill Lynch bull(bottom right), then finally, now USF uses the athletic logo as the University logo. 

Brand New: New Logo and Identity for University of South Florida by Spark

I bring this up, because athletics used the "drop S" logo on some of their stuff, but it was never their logo. It was a weird relationship. 

The Times New Roman logo was on football sleeves, but I never saw it anywhere else athletics. 

Merrill Lynch bull never was on anything athletics. 

As time progressed Athletics moved away from the non athletic logo, until now, where they are merged into one. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

That was what was used when I was a student. I remember it well. It’s kind of groovey man ✌️ 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I think it's funny how much the atomic bull, iron bull, atomic goat, red eye goat all the things it's been called, I'm surprised it has value as a "retro"  It wasn't that long ago that it was released and a lot of people didn't like it.

I like the standing Bull when I found it years ago in a basketball program and then the one above in the small picture at time of Paschal hoops - both Golden Brahmans!  That's good retro.  The robogoat. I have thrown out so much stuff with that on it.  In fact, I may still have bar b q mitts with that logo and a few aprons from my formerly online store.  Maybe need some retro giveaways...  That logo....     :)  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Haha, yeah, I agree. The thing I really like is that when we rebranded to our current stuff, it’s just perfect!! That said, up here in Michigan, I see a lot of retro stuff from MSU and UofM, and even though our school is young and we don’t have as much history and tradition as the historic schools, the retro stuff has a good historic vibe/branding that blends well with the other historic universities of the country giving us a perception of being older than we are, just feels like it is on the same level as theirs). If this makes sense, haha. 

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Recently went to Heads and Tails on Kennedy Blvd.  Under new ownership since July and updated the store.  Decent selection of Bulls gear.  I was impressed.   Only carry Bulls, Gators, Noles, Buc, Rays and Bolts.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I had to go ahead and splurge for the green "March Victorious" shirt with the Golden Brahmans logo on it from Homefield. It's totally 0-fer though when I wear it, so I might have to burn it and start over with a new one.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

• Go Bulls! 2