• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Temple is a Must Win Game for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Gotta win this game...cause otherwise chance of 1 and 11 very possible. 

How do you sell that to recruits and transfers and fans. 

Gotta show some improvement nobody expected a 6+ win season but 2 or 3 wins isnt crazy expectations. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

I think "must win" is as overused a term there is in sports. 

But if it ever applied to the Bulls, I think now is the time. 

We are favored

We haven't won against an FBS team in 2 years

Worse than getting beaten down helplessly every game we actually have shown flashes of good and last game even got close. But let it get away.

The clock is ticking on realignment

The fan base can't be asked to sit through being literally at the bottom of college football for ANY longer

Did I mention we are favored

So yeah. We NEED to win this game. Otherwise we can write off another year we cannot afford to write off. Even if we beat UCF there will be no one left to hear that falling tree. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Cali_Bull said:

I am not sure any game this season is a must win. After last season's Covid impacts and Scott getting settled in, I think most people know this team wouldn't win many games this year. The rest of the season is really about getting Scott's guys experience so we can hopefully compete next year and get to .500.

Welcome back. Scott has been here over a year and half, he has had ample chances to improve this team and build up the players. It is really time for him to get a few wins and stop talking the talk. It is time to PUT UP or SHUT UP with the we are getting better nonsense. Losing to TULSA is never improvement .

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Same reason as last week.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

15 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Same reason as last week.

Same reason as last week only more intense now.  We don’t want the will of the players to break (assuming it hasn’t already).

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Cali_Bull said:

After last season's Covid impacts

No disrespect at all, and this is just in general because I see a lot of people posting about Covid, but . . . didn't Covid impact everyone, including everyone who beat us? I'm not sure that we can really blame Covid for sucking. Every negative impact to us was also felt by every other NCAA and NAIA school. I can't see that it impacted us more than other schools, especially since a ton of other states were locked down way more than Florida was.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

How do you sell that to recruits and transfers and fans. 

I think you've gotta tell recruits/transfers "we suck right now, but with you here starting, I think we'll start winning." Some kids want to start right away and will see an opportunity. Some kinds want to make a difference.

I mean, 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, do those numbers really make a difference? South of a winning record, it all kinda looks the same. But, yeah, 1-11 is pretty ugly.

In terms of fans, I think it'll take a few years of 8 or 9 win seasons and a ton of positive media coverage before casuals start showing up again in big(ger) numbers. That sounds totally unrealistic, but look at our attendance numbers. It's depressing.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, widerberg said:

No disrespect at all, and this is just in general because I see a lot of people posting about Covid, but . . . didn't Covid impact everyone, including everyone who beat us? I'm not sure that we can really blame Covid for sucking. Every negative impact to us was also felt by every other NCAA and NAIA school. I can't see that it impacted us more than other schools, especially since a ton of other states were locked down way more than Florida was.

Good point but I would submit that it impacted some more than others. Those schools that had a prior coach who produced a drop in talent level were obviously more impacted. Not saying that gives Scott a complete pass but it did make things difficult…especially with players who were totally selfish and had to be run out of the program after last season. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

I would have argued this tone should have started at Tulsa, but I am glad people are catching up.  They showed great progress in those first 4 games including a crazy amount of production and intensity in the 2nd half of the BYU game.  They left the SMU game on the field in my opinion.  Tulsa, well we are still feeling that one.  Eventually they really do need to beat an FBS team.