• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Really? You're just now picking up on this after 990 pages and, more importantly, this thread bothers you?

Well I never really pondered how this thread made me feel. But now that you mention it I sometimes read it and I laugh, and other times I read it and makes me melancholy, but most of the time when I read it I get this weird clicking in my jaw but not convinced it's related.

The clicking is the mother ship calling you home, FYI :lol:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

FGCU. They don't have the juice down here to get football going. Ft. Myers is way more seasonal than Tampa is and there is no huge pentup demand for local college football team to play in the Sun Belt.

Not to mention, they'd have to go straight to FCS if they started. You can't play D2 football and have the rest of your sports in D1. UWF is started play this year and since they're D2 everything, they have much less $ invested.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If USF were to play in a regional non-Power 5 conference who would you want in it? For me:

USF

UCF

Florida Atlantic

Floriida Internatiional

East Carolina

Charlotte

Tulane

Southern Miss

UAB

I would lose Southern Miss and UAB and add WKU and MTSU.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Thanks for the perspective. It would be interesting to see what university could do with the notariety the basketball team generated.

I think the student body has looked at it but the local community has so many other ties that it does not seem feasible. This place is not just UF and FSU but Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin. Also given the current D1 landscape the best landing spot would be the Sun Belt. I guess they could start a program and limit it to FCS but what's the demand for that? Also, I think UWF just started a program so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Don't give up!! Don't ever give up!!! - Jimmy V

Ok. UWF plays their first game tomorrow against Ave Maria in Immokalee. Ave Maria is NAIA and UWF is Divison 2 with no plans to move up. Odd that their first game in history is on the road.

http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/2016/09/02/after-long-journey-uwf-eager-historic-football-day/89764898/

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not to mention, they'd have to go straight to FCS if they started. You can't play D2 football and have the rest of your sports in D1. UWF is started play this year and since they're D2 everything, they have much less $ invested.

Thanks. I hadn't read your post when I actually looked it up.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, SANJAY said:

Ok. UWF plays their first game tomorrow against Ave Maria in Immokalee. Ave Maria is NAIA and UWF is Divison 2 with no plans to move up. Odd that their first game in history is on the road.

http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/2016/09/02/after-long-journey-uwf-eager-historic-football-day/89764898/

They're in a pinch. They're playing in the minor league baseball stadium until they can build on campus and they have to schedule around minor league playoffs. The first home game they can't even put out temporary bleachers on one side of the field or risk ruining the surface. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Maybe Florida Poly will get a football program going so that they can become heated rivals with USF.