• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Back? The real rivalry just started when we were both finally in the same conference. That pseudo thing that was there before was more their obsession with us and fear that we had left them in our dust ..... sadly that wasn't the case. The rivalry will be fun if we both stay in the AAC or both go to a P5 but I want what's best for USF and that is going into a P5 without them ..... and the same holds true for them.

I did not realize that we still had folks holding on to the thought that UCF was not previously our rival.  I was glad when anything bad happened to them.  I watched many of their games just hoping they would lose.  Talked smack to co-workers and family on both sides of the aisle.  I hated them more than any non-rival/rival we ever had.  The pseudo thing you are  referring to is/was the actual pseudo thing.  If you took the university names out of it and polled 100 people about the feelings the two university fan bases had about each other, every logical person would say that we were rivals, not only rivals, but bitter rivals.  You can't create that, it just happens.  I am proof as are many on this board that it was a real thing.

P.S. this conversation should push us to 1000.  You are welcome.      

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

The news is we haven't gotten in until we do. 

****.  I'll have to check back tomorrow...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I am still shocked with Memphis announcement. I didn't get it but they were talked about for a while until recently. Hope to hear a few more teams get eliminated next week 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

The rivalry started when the jealous gnats trolls hit this board when we joined the Big East

Guest PCBull14
1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

I did not realize that we still had folks holding on to the thought that UCF was not previously our rival.  I was glad when anything bad happened to them.  I watched many of their games just hoping they would lose.  Talked smack to co-workers and family on both sides of the aisle.  I hated them more than any non-rival/rival we ever had.  The pseudo thing you are  referring to is/was the actual pseudo thing.  If you took the university names out of it and polled 100 people about the feelings the two university fan bases had about each other, every logical person would say that we were rivals, not only rivals, but bitter rivals.  You can't create that, it just happens.  I am proof as are many on this board that it was a real thing.

P.S. this conversation should push us to 1000.  You are welcome.      

I just agreed with Armybull what the heck is happening LOL!

Guest PCBull14
9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

WVU has been asking for.a travel partner since it got in. They shouldn't make the same mistake twice.

No real travel partner exist for West Virginia.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

The whole travel partner thing isn't for teams close to each other to get any benefit.  It's for olympic teams to be able to travel once and get 2 conference games in back to back.  The economic benefit is really to your conference mates that are well over the horizon.  It has nothing to do with football travel for anyone.

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The whole travel partner thing isn't for teams close to each other to get any benefit.  It's for olympic teams to be able to travel once and get 2 conference games in back to back.  The economic benefit is really to your conference mates that are well over the horizon.  It has nothing to do with football travel for anyone.

Yes I know. Still a hard time seeing any team left as a travel partner for WVU. Close to a five hour bus drive for the closest team. Isn't the point one major flight for two teams? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

Yes I know. Still a hard time seeing any team left as a travel partner for WVU. Close to a five hour bus drive for the closest team. Isn't the point one major flight for two teams? 

Yes, totally agree that it's a bogus issue with who they are considering other than USF and UCF.