• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Rumors swirling now that ND will join big ten…

That is the latest one.  What kind of contractual agreement do they have with ACC?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

That is the latest one.  What kind of contractual agreement do they have with ACC?

Funny how right after the ND to big ten rumors started the CFP committee is looking to expand the college football playoff from 12 to 14 teams starting in 2026. ND basically won’t have to join now imo lol 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

CFN totally on board...

American Athletic Conference

2024 Schools: Army, Charlotte, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, Rice, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, USF, UTSA

What’s New in 2024: SMU is gone to the ACC, and Army signed on to be a part of the American Athletic Conference fun.

What’s Next for 2025: HOLD THE LINE. There aren’t a whole lot of options out there for the Power Four conferences to grab. The Big Ten and SEC won’t poach any AAC schools, but the Big 12 could be lurking around Memphis and Tulane, and it’s absolute realignment malpractice that USF isn’t already in a Power Four conference …

AAC Expansion Prediction: The AAC loses USF to the Big 12, or possibly the ACC, and Memphis and Tulane are in a few discussions.

Also get ready for a few days of social media clickbait banter about trying to add Oregon State and Washington State, but that won’t go anywhere.

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, 79 Bull said:

CFN totally on board...

American Athletic Conference

2024 Schools: Army, Charlotte, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, Rice, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, USF, UTSA

What’s New in 2024: SMU is gone to the ACC, and Army signed on to be a part of the American Athletic Conference fun.

What’s Next for 2025: HOLD THE LINE. There aren’t a whole lot of options out there for the Power Four conferences to grab. The Big Ten and SEC won’t poach any AAC schools, but the Big 12 could be lurking around Memphis and Tulane, and it’s absolute realignment malpractice that USF isn’t already in a Power Four conference …

AAC Expansion Prediction: The AAC loses USF to the Big 12, or possibly the ACC, and Memphis and Tulane are in a few discussions.

Also get ready for a few days of social media clickbait banter about trying to add Oregon State and Washington State, but that won’t go anywhere.

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

The author - Pete Fiutak - has been a USF champion for years.  He thought the Big 12 was foolish to not add USF along with UCF...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

I think I finally figured it out.

The Big 12 is filled with little brother teams with Napoleonic fanbases.

Iowa State is butthurt that they can't play on the same level as their B1G brother Iowa.

Kansas and Kansas State quietly wish to be in the ACC, to get away from these Texas weirdos, but can't reconcile the fact they are not "Atlantic" enough.

BYU wishes they could've stayed independent, so no one finds out about their magic underwear.

Oklahoma forgot to pick up their little brother OkState from school.

WVU and Cinci miss close away games (and winning games)

Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech, and TCU all play second fiddle in the state of Texas to UT and TAMU.

UCF... do I need to state the obvious?

Wait, i'm starting to think we are a perfect fit for the Big 12...

(please no though. acc preferred oviously)

Sounds like a book i read my kids. "Scambled States of America"

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

As the P2 distance themselves from the rest of us, has anyone seen what impact that would have on their tv ratings? Certainly the networks have done  research on the issue, but it seems like alienating fan bases would eventually have consequences.

My interest in the B1G and SEC is pretty limited, but I admittedly tune in for the premier matchups. That will likely change if/when they break off or seize all the seats at the table. I don’t imagine I’m alone.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, aroth said:

As the P2 distance themselves from the rest of us, has anyone seen what impact that would have on their tv ratings? Certainly the networks have done  research on the issue, but it seems like alienating fan bases would eventually have consequences.

My interest in the B1G and SEC is pretty limited, but I admittedly tune in for the premier matchups. That will likely change if/when they break off or seize all the seats at the table. I don’t imagine I’m alone.

I recently talked about this to a huge Auburn fan and Michigan fan.  Even there fan bases are getting upset wwith all this.  It's taking away the real meaning of college athletics,   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Remember when I told you it will have 6-8 Sec/b1g teams and the leftovers just can hope for the best. Did alot of reading of documents and conversations leaked on internet. Not sure how accurate that is but it was the same stuff i was reading from the cfb comittee notes and leaked conversations of supposedly ads. I said this before Christmas  and I was told it wasn't happening by a few here and now the Information leaked publicly is verifying it.

I think we all understood the committee would load up the CFP field with P2 teams. But the committee choosing them (deserving or not) above others is a different beast that guaranteeing 8 auto-bids to those two conferences.

15 hours ago, Cat941 said:

LOL this dude acting like people haven't been saying Notre Dame will eventually join the B1G, it's just a matter of timing. Their rivalries, their location, everything about them is B1G-ish.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

He thought the Big 12 was foolish to not add USF along with UCF..

They were.  Oh well.

• Upvote 1