• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think the doomsday thoughts are a bit insane. IF that scenario were possible there wouldn’t be any lower level leagues now.

Exactly... Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mount Union have outstanding football programs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think the doomsday thoughts are a bit insane. IF that scenario were possible there wouldn’t be any lower level leagues now.

Plus USF has already been through a so called doomsday scenario when the big east football conference fell apart. Sure USF went through tough times but now things are looking good for USF. We are either going to be in the AAC or called up to a power conference imo. Things could be much worse 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Here is a question to ponder. 

Let's say that Texas and Oklahoma just announced they were leaving for the SEC. UCF, Houston and Cincny are all part of the AAC.

Today, the Big 12 decides it is going to add 4 schools, BYU plus 3 AAC schools. 

Who are the AAC schools selected?

I think it is us, C, plus either Cincy or Houston, meaning we move ahead of both Cincy and Houston and they fight it out for the last spot. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let's say that Texas and Oklahoma just announced they were leaving for the SEC. UCF, Houston and Cincny are all part of the AAC.

I think it is us, C, plus either Cincy or Houston, meaning we move ahead of both Cincy and Houston and they fight it out for the last spot. 

If they're making that decision now with the current facilities progress and everything, I'd think they take us and UCF for starters. We have more of an investment into the department than we did the last time we were seriously considered. Combine that with the turnaround on the football field and basketball courts, and we're far more appealing now.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Houston is tricky for me. They have the market, the Big Bucks donor, historic ties to the legacy SWC teams, outstanding basketball program, and past success in football. But we're hitting almost a decade now of a rollercoaster in football. Meh fan support in football, but they also benefit from being driving distance to the core of the conference so an easy road game for opposing fans. Supposed dislike of their big donor by other Big 12 schools and not wanting another team encroaching on their recruiting territory. In some ways the best fit profile wise of all 4 teams added in the first wave but also polarizing among the legacy members.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

If they're making that decision now with the current facilities progress and everything, I'd think they take us and UCF for starters. We have more of an investment into the department than we did the last time we were seriously considered. Combine that with the turnaround on the football field and basketball courts, and we're far more appealing now.

If a frog had a glass ass it would bust when it hopped. Thinking of what could have been is for losers, look forward grasshopper and let’s forge our own path.  We can’t put the poop back in the horse so leave it be, it will eventually dry out and not stink as bad.  I hope this cliche littered bloviation was helpful.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Plus USF has already been through a so called doomsday scenario when the big east football conference fell apart. Sure USF went through tough times but now things are looking good for USF. We are either going to be in the AAC or called up to a power conference imo. Things could be much worse 

We are in the AAC?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Great question. However I really don't think that USF going 7-6 one year has changed much about our current desirability. Maybe marginally at best. Keep winning and that can change rapidly.

Regarding additions to the Big 12 personally in my opinion Cincy and BYU would be the slam dunks. However, I think UCF and Houston were lucky on the timing being right before the PAC fell apart. I think Cal, Stanford, Boise State, San Diego State, OSU, and WSU would have  been considered before AAC teams. It is interesting that none of these teams are now in the Big 12, so that makes me believe that UCF and Houston might not make the cut now, while they made the cut a year ago.  With the PAC falling apart the Big 12 gained so many more options that in comparison UCF and Houston are just chi wawa lap dogs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Just a reminder once again...

There are only 2 teams in all of college football that were once in a Px/BCS conference and are not in one now:  USF and UConn.  Wash St and Oregon St will join this pity party soon.  We can hash over the past and bad decisions but need to find a way forward to not be left out of the substantial tv money in the next network/streaming deals.  I like what we're doing with the OCS, facilities and getting back to winning form, but will it be enough?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

The same ones, if the Big 12 is still basing it on what it looked like they invited them for in 2021 ...... long term success on the field. Those 3 were the top 3 in the conference in 2021 and in top 5 in 2022 to cement their place.