• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We started talking trash fans of FCS opponents about having beaten them and discussing the quality of FCS wins, I would think we are running out of depths to sink to but apparently there is always a lower.

As much has you will hate to admit it, USF took a small step forward this weekend. Last season USF barely beat a  below average FCS school. This season USF didn’t look sharp but still beat a ranked FCS school by two TDs. To me that shows some progress compared to last season. Let’s see how they do against Rice before we claim the sky is falling…

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I'm not. We are usf and as a fan base  if we are are scared of rice then we have deeper  issues. 

And some have even deeper issues than others ......

Back on topic ... the GameTime guy had a little discussion about the possible Army add on his Friday podcast and the positives of Army viewership in regards to media contracts.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Back on topic ... the GameTime guy had a little discussion about the possible Army add on his Friday podcast and the positives of Army viewership in regards to media contracts.

I bet Aresco is trying to negotiate a week zero or Thanksgiving solution for Army/Navy (both pre and post 2028), but even failing that, we'll still bring them in and make it a nonconference game. And I'm good with any arrangement we can make with them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

26 minutes ago, TallyBull said:
34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I bet Aresco is trying to negotiate a week zero or Thanksgiving solution for Army/Navy (both pre and post 2028), but even failing that, we'll still bring them in and make it a nonconference game. And I'm good with any arrangement we can make with them.

If we have the Navy and can get the Army, perhaps AAC will be ready for assaults from other conference.  I would love to se them both in conference for many reasons, including the road tripping opportunities.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I'd say the odds of Army and Navy being the best 2 teams in the conference in any given year would be under 1%.

So about the same odds for us being one of the two  best teams in the conference?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/10/2023 at 5:29 PM, Sk00b said:

Yea. That's never happening.

Never say never… I’m sure that are people out there that said that UCLA would never be in the Big10,, and that Stanford would never join the Atlantic Coast Conference.  Just sayin…

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Never say never… I’m sure that are people out there that said that UCLA would never be in the Big10,, and that Stanford would never join the Atlantic Coast Conference.  Just sayin…

I guess those "progrums" are not as cursed.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I guess those "progrums" are not as cursed.

That’s true - they aren’t “Clempsen” lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, SilverBull said:

If we have the Navy and can get the Army, perhaps AAC will be ready for assaults from other conference.  I would love to se them both in conference for many reasons, including the road tripping opportunities.

Add Air Force too.  I know the AAC doesn’t want to go west but AF is closer to the OK and TX schools than we are. I’ve been suggesting Army and Air Force during every expansion discussion since Navy joined the AAC.  Let’s get this done. 3 5 team pods with 9 conference games.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Add Air Force too.  I know the AAC doesn’t want to go west but AF is closer to the OK and TX schools than we are. I’ve been suggesting Army and Air Force during every expansion discussion since Navy joined the AAC.  Let’s get this done. 3 5 team pods with 9 conference games.

That would live up to the conference name.