• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

36 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

WKU should be in AAC 

Instead of North Texas( who looked like the worst team in the country today losing by about 40 points to a bad Cal team at home) absolutelly!

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Instead of North Texas( who looked like the worst team in the country today losing by about 40 points to a bad Cal team at home) absolutelly!

I would rather have UNT than FAU. I still hate that they brought in another Florida school. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, michibull said:

I would rather have UNT than FAU. I still hate that they brought in another Florida school. 

We got to build them up to a power conference then we can invite fiu or Jacksonville State next time around. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

We got to build them up to a power conference then we can invite fiu or Jacksonville State next time around. 

Psst ... Jacksonville State is in Alabama (in a whisper)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, olafberserker said:

Psst ... Jacksonville State is in Alabama (in a whisper)

I don't follow them so I have no idea.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

And USF should be in the Sun Belt

We already are aren't we? We play Charlotte, San Antonio, rice, North Texas, fau and uab in conference play

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I was surprised and disappointed when I first learned that the AAC had discontinued talks with the 2PAC. But Aresco’s primary job is to represent the mood of the AAC’s constituent universities. If they aren’t interested in expanding west, it’s his job to end the effort. 

News reports have said that a “majority” of the AAC’s schools weren’t interested in moving forward. Would that majority be the old guard (including USF) or new guard? I think it may have been the old guard that was lukewarm to the idea.

And while this is pure speculation, maybe at least a portion of the old guard (namely, that portion of the old guard that applied to join a rebuilding PAC) wanted to end talks about the AAC admitting/merging with Wazzou and OSU in order to preserve the option of their leaving the AAC to join a rebuilding PAC. 

Not saying this is true - only saying that it’s a possibility. That would explain why the AAC isn’t interested in expanding west - because certain schools want to part ways with the current AAC membership and join a rebuilding PAC, and that opportunity is more important to them.

Only the old guard schools themselves, maybe a potential media partner, and the 2PAC would know about this effort. 

Maybe Monday 2PAC and the MWC make their merger official. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. But I think 2PAC rebuilding the conference is still very much a possibility. Just because we don’t have any rumors or details doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 hours ago, John Lewis said:

How come Texas, Oklahoma, and TCU were left out? They have all won National Championships

TCUs were in the 30's.

Back when they beat LSU in the sugar bowl 3-2.

and Carnegie Tech in the sugar bowl to go 11-0.

I guess go ahead and add them. Might as well put UCF in there too.

still doesn't come close to acc

Texas and Oklahoma are in the SEC

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I wish something like this was going on in Polk where I could uber to and back.

That does look nice. If there was some way to strong arm the peninsula to allow sports betting and convince the Hard Rock to build a Vegasesque sports book, that'd be pretty nice when the air chills and the leaves start to turn. :smileys-money-909335:

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

9 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I was surprised and disappointed when I first learned that the AAC had discontinued talks with the 2PAC. But Aresco’s primary job is to represent the mood of the AAC’s constituent universities. If they aren’t interested in expanding west, it’s his job to end the effort. 

News reports have said that a “majority” of the AAC’s schools weren’t interested in moving forward. Would that majority be the old guard (including USF) or new guard? I think it may have been the old guard that was lukewarm to the idea.

And while this is pure speculation, maybe at least a portion of the old guard (namely, that portion of the old guard that applied to join a rebuilding PAC) wanted to end talks about the AAC admitting/merging with Wazzou and OSU in order to preserve the option of their leaving the AAC to join a rebuilding PAC. 

Not saying this is true - only saying that it’s a possibility. That would explain why the AAC isn’t interested in expanding west - because certain schools want to part ways with the current AAC membership and join a rebuilding PAC, and that opportunity is more important to them.

Only the old guard schools themselves, maybe a potential media partner, and the 2PAC would know about this effort. 

Maybe Monday 2PAC and the MWC make their merger official. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. But I think 2PAC rebuilding the conference is still very much a possibility. Just because we don’t have any rumors or details doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Hip Hop Rap GIF by jbetcom