• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

Don’t know if this was posted yet

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

39 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think its kind of if you want to date a Brazilian supermodel it helps if you are both crazy good looking ( which I am) and super rich ( still working on that).  Same way an OCS and winning will go hand in hand to make sure we one day get in a Power 5 conference

It has never been considered or discussed by any conference. The only reason it is here is because UCF sucked, UCF then got a stadium that sucked, people made fun of them, UCF then sucked and had a stadium that sucked, we then welcomed them up to our conference, then after ups and downs and back and forths they started making good hires, then they caught lightning in a bottle, then they created an identity and beat us repeatedly, then they got called up and made fun of us for not having the same ****** OCS and rewriting history to pretend it has anything to do with anything, then recognizing that hey I am awful at my job and would be fired from any other position anywhere else on earth and I have no way to make it better because I am lost self preservation stepped in and VPMK said hey I can lean into this absurd lie and maybe its the one thing i can actually do that will buy me more years and some fans said well I can pretend its true because I've always wanted a stadium. 

Most people with an OCS are not in a power conference, most people with an OCS do not win regularly and most people with an OCS have attendance problems.

An OCS has nothing to do with solving anything and the only thing anyone from any conference will ever care about it is that it is smaller than the stadium we have now, it is not a positive.

Conferences care about one single thing what brings them the most money, how does an OCS bring them a single extra dollar? It doesn’t which means they do not care.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Don’t know if this was posted yet

Good to hear Aresco is making a presentation to WSU and OSU. However he should be making the same presentation to Boise State and San Diego State ( perhaps he is). Add those 4 teams for starters and the AAC is suddenly looking like a much better home.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

43 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What did I say that was inaccurate, dude?

Hey, I get it. You are pissed regarding USF’s situation. I understand as I believe most of us want USF to be in a better situation. You were not always this down when USF was winning. So I’m hoping USF starts winning soon for a lot of us. It has been hard to stay optimistic but I just have to to help keep the balance. Next week should be interesting regarding the OCS. I will be very upset if politics get in the way. Hopefully it all goes well. Go Bulls!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

34 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

They're in the Big East, which to them is a huge hit.  In case you didn't know, the Big East is still a basketball power conference.  UConn does not care about football (yet were still a lot better than USF last year, which should never happen).  So yes, their situation is better than ours.  They won a national championship out of the Big East, which is what they care about.

I must have missed their press release where they stated they didn't care about football. They maintained FBS Independence in football vs dropping down to FCS like Idaho. They didn't shutter their program like UAB did at one point. Jim Mora is being paid better than around 50 other FBS coaches. I think they're adapting to the downgrade from the Big East and lack of success in the AAC as best as they can, but I don't think it's fair to say they don't care about football. They're investing in a strong program to subsidize a weaker one.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Good to hear Aresco is making a presentation to WSU and OSU. However he should be making the same presentation to Boise State and San Diego State ( perhaps he is). Add those 4 teams for starters and the AAC is suddenly looking like a much better home.

Aresco is very underrated.  AAC is lucky to still have him.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

youve gone too far GIF by Slice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Cmon dude. Is this VPMK's burner account?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Thinking something will magically change when it hasn’t the past 15 years is insane.

It's not going to "magically" change, but they are trying to turn it around.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

throw up team america GIF