• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

What’s really wild about this is that every conference seems to think they’re safe until they aren’t. The MWC was just minding its own business and appeared relatively safe staying in its lane. Now the powers that be will effectively kill it. The PAC arrogantly acted elite and untouchable and they’re gone. The Big East made every misstep. The ACC seems to be following suit, and even after adding three teams likely isn’t long for this world if they can’t get their top teams more money. The B12 is enjoying relative safety, but I wouldn’t be willing to bet that it exists 10 years from now. It really is a slow takeover by the B1G and SEC, and no one has made any attempt to stand up to them. 

• Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It's not a flaming dumpster. 

The new AAC will be better than the old AAC, in my opinion, when you evaluate it on the top. (yes, I'd like to kick a few off the bottom)

If all the constant teams are ignored. 

Loss: UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU (assuming this happans)

Gain: Oregon State, Washington State, San Diego State, UTSA, FAU, Fresno State, Rice + more MWC schools. 

I will argue that was a positive change in pure terms of quality of football / basketball 

I agree with that. OSU, WSU, San Diego State, Boise State, Fresno State, UTSA, Air Force, would bring better quality overall from what we are losing.

Perhaps add an Appalachian State as well, and there is no doubt this is the fifth best conference in the country year in year out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

49E8787B-00F5-48D8-9617-E3ED26D395B2.png

Yeah, no problem, I am following it all.  I'm sure we'll come out a winner this time.

Learn the Shell Game, Three Card Monte and Fast and Loose! | Pop's Soapbox

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, aroth said:

What’s really wild about this is that every conference seems to think they’re safe until they aren’t. The MWC was just minding its own business and appeared relatively safe staying in its lane. Now the powers that be will effectively kill it. The PAC arrogantly acted elite and untouchable and they’re gone. The Big East made every misstep. The ACC seems to be following suit, and even after adding three teams likely isn’t long for this world if they can’t get their top teams more money. The B12 is enjoying relative safety, but I wouldn’t be willing to bet that it exists 10 years from now. It really is a slow takeover by the B1G and SEC, and no one has made any attempt to stand up to them. 

the acc is going to give the extra money they receive from 3 additions to the top performers in their conference.

just the start of unequal revenue sharing within conferences.

soon vandy will get less than alabama, northwestern will get less than osu, etc.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It's not a flaming dumpster. 

The new AAC will be better than the old AAC, in my opinion, when you evaluate it on the top. (yes, I'd like to kick a few off the bottom)

If all the constant teams are ignored. 

Loss: UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU (assuming this happans)

Gain: Oregon State, Washington State, San Diego State, UTSA, FAU, Fresno State, Rice + more MWC schools. 

I will argue that was a positive change in pure terms of quality of football / basketball 

The problem with the Mountain West is no one out west cares about the Mountain West.  It's just more obscurity added to the AAC, IMHO.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Would be funny if Stanford, Cal, OSU and WSU get more exposure due to all the realignment and end up in that 10:30pm EST window more often than if the PAC-12 had stuck together. 

• Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

The problem with the Mountain West is no one out west cares about the Mountain West.  It's just more obscurity added to the AAC, IMHO.

Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State are top class programs with a following. These three teams alone would dramatically increase the quality of the AAC.

Furthermore, most USF fans would be more interested in having  a match up against Boise or San Diego State versus Tulsa, or North Texas

It really isn't much longer of a  flight for us playing away at Tulsa versus Boise State

It would be a no brainer to add these teams plus 2 Pac teams. If in fact the AAC is not pushing for that I would be in favor of firing the AAC commissioner.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

No one cares about the MWC but it can provide some entertaining football. I would say over the years, I have watched more late night Boise State, SDSU, Fresno State, Wyoming (if they are in a snow storm) football than anything in the PAC-12. 

Similar to how App State is fun to watch. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:
13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State are top class programs with a following. These three teams alone would dramatically increase the quality of the AAC.

Furthermore, most USF fans would be more interested in having  a match up against Boise or San Diego State versus Tulsa, or North Texas

It really isn't much longer of a  flight for us playing away at Tulsa versus Boise State

It would be a no brainer to add these teams plus 2 Pac teams. If in fact the AAC is not pushing for that I would be in favor of firing the AAC commissioner.

I'm not sure who would merge into who but it does seem there is a decent blend of programs that could make a strong and interesting national conference and still allow enough regional balance to reduce travel costs for sports other than football.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Similar to how App State is fun to watch. 

Similar to how                is fun to watch. Just fill in the blank. Make it FUN!