• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

43 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I was on the field for that game.  Good buddy of mine is a big FSU booster.  That win was great.  Was at the Auburn game too and same thing happened, fans congratulating on our success and claiming we were the next star of the CFB world.  Memories is all we have now.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

• Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

@os_beaver and @mhver3 need to pick up the pace of rumors if we are going to hit 4000 pages this week.  They are really slacking today.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Brad said:

But aren't they being "relegated" like some believe we were?  It's all completely out of their hands? 

They must face the music and take up their new space amongst the wretched.  :)

You don't have to just bend over and take it like we've done. BYU acted intelligently when faced with this situation and went independent. Rather than lower themselves as a mwc member with Utah in the pac they went indy and eventually made the move up. 

Stanford similarly would just go independent before taking on north Texas, uab, San Antonio, Fau etc. 

I could wrap my head around some form of 4 aac schools plus 4 mwc schools but much past that is just too far down for Stanford or cal. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, DontPushMe said:

BYU acted intelligently when faced with this situation and went independent.

BYU could go independent because they had BYUtv (think of NBC lite for Notre Dame football), which paid them well enough. They have a really good and loyal following; the fans literally don’t care if they win championships or not, they just love the team regardless. Therefore, they were not heavily dependent on a conference for survival. It’s a different situation for nearly every other team not in the top 15 most influential teams (Fla, OSU, Mich, Bama, etc). Idk how much longer UCONN can go, I’m surprised they’ve lasted this long. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Somebody call Hulk Hogan

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569

22 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Somebody call Hulk Hogan

Or Gallagh…….nevermind

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

I believe in things I control, not in people giving no evidence of ability that are unfortunately destroying something I want to enjoy. I think we aren't dynamic, I think we are risk adverse, I think we do not want to be disruptive, I think we are boring, I think we are patient and most unforgiveable of all I think we are completely forgettable which all contributes to why we are slowly disappearing. Having blind faith in people that keep showing you who they are (and it is not successful) is not a good idea even if you want to have a sign above their door that says believe (unless of course you have many doors and want to use it to tell them that's to one they should exit from once they collect their things).

Your own words describe you perfectly 

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

This got me excited, but then read the article and am confused. Is this a reputable source??? Since I see nothing on espn, cbsports,...

They won’t report until it happens 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Or Gallagh…….nevermind

We still have Mr Kelly Ripa

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, jjlovecub said:

Your own words describe you perfectly 

They won’t report until it happens 

How exactly am I destroying USF athletics? We were doing just fine together for 13 years, until we started taking good people and replacing them with bad people culminating in what has now been the worst we have ever had. When has USF been successful with VPMK? When has anyone been successful being led by VPMK?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How exactly am I destroying USF athletics? We were doing just fine together for 13 years, until we started taking good people and replacing them with bad people culminating in what has now been the worst we have ever had. When has USF been successful with VPMK? When has anyone been successful being led by VPMK?

Come on man, AD MK  is courageous he extended Jeff Scott with one fbs win in two seasons that was coaching  a team that looked no where close to turning a corner. He believed he was building a winner culture...  Five straight years of regression under AD MK and he still has the courage to collect his check. I assume with all the talk of college realignment we will be signing a 5 year extension with the AAC any day now for stability.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1