• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

If they stick together and sign a new GOR as rumored, they'd only need to replace one school (Colorado) and wouldn't really need to expand to prevent extinction. None of the schools you've listed "move the needle" in terms of increasing revenue to the overall conference. I'd expect them to stick at 10 (probably add SDSU to have a presence in southern California) at least for the term of the new GOR. Maybe they add a couple down the road, but nothing to date suggests that they are progressive when it comes to expansion. 

Arizona is out the door and Arizona State will probably follow. SMU offers the Texas market and helps keep a foothold in Texas Recruiting. Boise State and SDSU will offer another competitive football team. Utah State, CSU, and Fresno State have been competitive teams that would take advantage of a P5 boost in status. In the end, if you win games, you will get more revenue. Big 12 is adding a bunch of bad and mid-successful teams. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Arizona is out the door and Arizona State will probably follow. SMU offers the Texas market and helps keep a foothold in Texas Recruiting. Boise State and SDSU will offer another competitive football team. Utah State, CSU, and Fresno State have been competitive teams that would take advantage of a P5 boost in status. In the end, if you win games, you will get more revenue. Big 12 is adding a bunch of bad and mid-successful teams. 

The rumblings are strong this morning that the PAC is making one final united push. ASU doesn't want to go to the Big 12 so either both stay, or there's a real chance they split and Arizona goes it alone and the Big 12 stops at 14.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I guess my point is that nobody's going to turn down a difference (eventually) of $23 million a year because they're annoyed by travel. Even for Olympic sports. Even if the B12 continues expanding west. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Now that C. Florida is in, however, I encourage them to complain - loudly. They absolutely need us to help with travel. 😉

Absolutely agree that no one is turning down the additional revenue.

If Arizona, Arizona State and Utah all go to the Big 12, then UCF is by far the most adversely affected from the additional travel expenses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Now the rumor is that they didn't get the GoR locked in today and B1G is making another push for Oregon and Washington, and Arizona going to Big 12 again.

I just want off the wild ride. Fast forward to the end and let me know where it all ends up

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

We've been in all sports leagues since 2005, so yes we actually did go to Texas and Oklahoma and even Kansas with Wichita State for the smaller sports. 

Let's not exaggerate. Going to Colorado or Arizona isn't going to take that much more time than the western and northern fringes of the AAC since we're already in the southeastern most state.

sorry but going to arizona and colorado is not the same. you are completely on an island now with your closest opponent being houston(??) at 1000 miles away.

I know these athletic directors couldn't care less about the students. only the $$$

I have a buddy whose son played baseball for an ACC school and had to get a jock degree because he couldn't keep up with his classes for a finance degree with all of the travel, etc. that's a conference that geographically makes sense.In retrospect he wishes he never encouraged him to play.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Now the rumor is that they didn't get the GoR locked in today and B1G is making another push for Oregon and Washington, and Arizona going to Big 12 again.

I just want off the wild ride. Fast forward to the end and let me know where it all ends up

Me too!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry but going to arizona and colorado is not the same. you are completely on an island now with your closest opponent being houston(??) at 1000 miles away.

I know these athletic directors couldn't care less about the students. only the $$$

I have a buddy whose son played baseball for an ACC school and had to get a jock degree because he couldn't keep up with his classes for a finance degree with all of the travel, etc. that's a conference that geographically makes sense.In retrospect he wishes he never encouraged him to play.

The Texas/OK/KS corridor is one UCF would already have to travel to in the AAC. Adding 3 trips (BYU, AZ, CU) that are an hour to an hour and a half longer isn't back breaking. Especially since some of the smaller sports do a meet at a single location and not road/home games everywhere. 

Your buddy's son had all that travel but we're not comparing student athletes vs regular students, we're comparing the travel schedule in the AAC vs the Big 12. Again, the AAC is already spread out and has half the conference in the same part of the country that the Big 12 does. So not a lot changes. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

It ends with us kicking off the 2037 ACC season on the road at Wake Forest. 

Edited by SarasotaUSF
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Absolutely agree that no one is turning down the additional revenue.

If Arizona, Arizona State and Utah all go to the Big 12, then UCF is by far the most adversely affected from the additional travel expenses.

They are going to need that lazy river after a Saturday night game in Boulder followed by a Thursday night game in Provo. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

"Great work! 😂😂😂"

Mike Stuben was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

10 minutes ago, SarasotaUSF said:

They are going to need that lazy river after a Saturday night game in Boulder followed by a Thursday night game in Provo. 

Provo Spain?

• Haha 1