• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

“It’s a good time to run with the Bulls,” AD Michael Kelly says. All they need is a running mate.

again, not sounding promising

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

are we in yet? :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

51 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Couple of notes - 

1. If considering OUT as SEC, there are no B12 teams in the top 25 - this singular fact could point to a stronger ACC long term instead of conference failing rhetoric. 

2. Virginia generated more revenue than FSU and Clemson

3. Oregon and Washington produce more revenue than USC/UCLA

4. Indiana? lol 

EDIT: Realized no private schools are here. USC and ND would probably make the top 25

i'm surprised Brett didn't throw us in wherever we would have placed just to be a brett

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Great points! Yeah since private schools are not available I wonder how much Miami & Duke bring me? Just proves our points that the ACC is a strong conference despite what we are hearing regarding their out dated tv contracts 

That's why the ACC schools are the next targets in realignment. The Big 12 is in seemingly stronger position because the B1G and SEC aren't looking at their schools, they're looking at ACC and allegedly PAC schools

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

There's gonna have to be a lot that happens for that to even become remotely possible. They have a 5-1 lead over y'all and view both of our programs as small time so I don't think much inroads were made. 

However much better than us that USF felt after whooping us 4 years in a row, multiply that by 20 for how the Big 3 feel about either U_F school. A couple of UCF fans also suggested we focus on becoming rivals with either UF or Miami but there's like 50 plus years of catch up that's needed. And even then their fans won't care.

Why "suggest" when they can just "start" one themselves the same way they tried with us. Go onto UF/UM message boards, and all over the Internet, interacting like ****heads with their fans ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

That's why the ACC schools are the next targets in realignment. The Big 12 is in seemingly stronger position because the B1G and SEC aren't looking at their schools, they're looking at ACC and allegedly PAC schools

How do we know that the Big Ten or PAC 12 won’t take more big 12 schools??  ACC has the advantage with their locations. Easier to backfill compared to the big 12. WVU & UCiF stuck on an island 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

How do we know that the Big Ten or PAC 12 won’t take more big 12 schools??  ACC has the advantage with their locations. Easier to backfill compared to the big 12. WVU & UCiF stuck on an island 

I think Kansas and Oklahoma State are still candidates to move up at some point as well. That said FSU, Oregon, and Clemson are the biggest fishes yet to be caught.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think Kansas and Oklahoma State are still candidates to move up at some point as well. That said FSU, Oregon, and Clemson are the biggest fishes yet to be caught.

And after that I think the next phase will be maybe the birth of new conferences or alliances

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Kansas is the name left out in realignment talks that shocks me all the time, their brand is huge and right outside a huge metro area.

FSU football+basketball account twitter followers = 540k

Kansas football+basketball account twitter followers = 1.05 million

Plus an academic, culture, and regional fit when you have all those midwest/plains schools already

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Kansas is the name left out in realignment talks that shocks me all the time, their brand is huge and right outside a huge metro area.

FSU football+basketball account twitter followers = 540k

Kansas football+basketball account twitter followers = 1.05 million

Plus an academic, culture, and regional fit when you have all those midwest/plains schools already

Is kind of head scratching, although all the ones talking about realignment focus on football .....