• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Besides we didn't block FAU joining the AAC, or UCF ( about a decade ago) joining the Big East/AAC.

You may not remember, but the Legislature (led by some UCF grads and Orlando-area friends, spurred on by Mike Bianchi) basically told Judy Genshaft to stop blocking UCF "or else".  Before that it may not have been "officially blocking" but our Big East peers would defer to USF leadership.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think if the Big 12 decides we are a good addition UCF will likely not be able to do anything about it

That's why I am curious about the actual voting process.  It makes business sense for the league.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

You may not remember, but the Legislature (led by some UCF grads and Orlando-area friends, spurred on by Mike Bianchi) basically told Judy Genshaft to stop blocking UCF "or else".  Before that it may not have been "officially blocking" but our Big East peers would defer to USF leadership.

In the end though wiser heads prevailed. UCF, SMU, Memphis, and Houston were good additions, and are why the AAC was the sixth best conference in the country since the fall of the Big East.

If we are deemed beneficial to the long term health of the Big 12, I think UCF would not, and probably could not even if they wanted to, block us.

I think most see the USF-UCF rivalry as a good thing for both programs.

15 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

think most see the USF-UCF rivalry as a good thing for both programs.

I can do without it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Mike Bianchi has been all for continuing the USF-UCF rivalry. He urged both ADs to figure out a way to make it happen. I would think UCF would support USF’s entry to the Big 12 if it comes to that. 

30 minutes ago, surfer said:

Mike Bianchi has been all for continuing the USF-UCF rivalry. He urged both ADs to figure out a way to make it happen. I would think UCF would support USF’s entry to the Big 12 if it comes to that. 

For us it's a question of how badly we need that money, which is apparently high.  It makes business sense for B12.  I would rather not of course.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, surfer said:

If Bianchi said it, than it's obviously nonsense and we should do the opposite of it.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

53 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I can do without it.

Exactly!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

This is most likely.  I would imagine no one would ever promise anything in this disastrous CFB climate.

It's sad it took the UCF big 12 fiasco to kick us in the pants.  Some of us have been saying all along the right leaders could make this happen, and look what happened with the board and president within a mere couple years.

It's happening now at least.  We have a motivated coach and a little winning is going to feel pretty different around here.

It's also the maturation of the fan/donor base, which includes reaching a point financially that it was time ....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I can do without it.

I certainly understand that view point; but fan excitement, engagement ( even on this board), and attendance for our UCF match ups prove that it is different from lets say a Tulsa or Temple match up, and that its a money maker. 

We saw under Taggart and Strong when we were both competitive; how exciting a UCF-USF match up could be.

• Upvote 1