• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Snitches get riches?

Is Seminole Heights considered the "rich" part of Tampa now?!? Holy ****! Did I accidentally become a thing?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Aresco's statement is ludricrous.  It's just a repeat of what he's been saying for years, P6, P3-6 equal, etc.  Stop whining in public and start working behind the scenes to make the AAC the best of the rest.  You do what you can to attract TV money for the future.  That's not North Texas and Rice.  I know everyone in the conference wants to get out , but he needs to keep on.  He just looks like a crazy man trying to make the AAC a power conference.  It ain't happening.  Do whatever it takes to increase the TV money now if possible or at least when contracts are renegotiated.  We need schools from the G5 (yeah I went there) that have some kind of name and/or national following and are in all time zones...Bosie, Air Force, Army, Colorado State, UNLV and not schools du jour like Coastal, Appalachian, etc.  The needle on overall revenues has to be moved.  If the AAC can't get at least $15 million per school in the next round with all the crazy money being thrown around, then that's on him.

We tried to get those schools before, I think a few times now. First time was before TCU went to the B12. We were trying to snag them and Boise.

second time was more of a merger between the best schools in the MWC and the rest of our conference.

At this point we have who we have in our conference. Tulane, Memphis, and USF should (in theory) be competing for the conference championship every year.

The only real concrete solution is to get out of this conference. We can’t be rah-rah AAC anymore. Be selfish USF, take what you want and get out!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

We tried to get those schools before, I think a few times now. First time was before TCU went to the B12. We were trying to snag them and Boise.

second time was more of a merger between the best schools in the MWC and the rest of our conference.

At this point we have who we have in our conference. Tulane, Memphis, and USF should (in theory) be competing for the conference championship every year.

The only real concrete solution is to get out of this conference. We can’t be rah-rah AAC anymore. Be selfish USF, take what you want and get out!

The only way out is to win on the field and not reward losing .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

Is Seminole Heights considered the "rich" part of Tampa now?!? Holy ****! Did I accidentally become a thing?

That depends how much you have gentrified your area has become. A guy at a bar once told me the whole area blew up  because of the Tiger King Documentary and Carol Baskins lives in that area. He was pretty good at connecting the dots. By his logic we will be signing the ACC contract this weekend.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That depends how much you have gentrified your area has become. A guy at a bar once told me the whole area blew up  because of the Tiger King Documentary and Carol Baskins lives in that area. He was pretty good at connecting the dots. By his logic we will be signing the ACC contract this weekend.

It was blowing up before then.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

57 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

What theory?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What theory?

The theory that we are a good team (or even average) which is an incredibly flawed theory that has been debunked every Saturday during the fall for as long as I remember. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If the Pac 12 loses the 4 corners schools, should we try to get into the Pac 12, or would it be too far gone as a conference.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If the Pac 12 loses the 4 corners schools, should we try to get into the Pac 12, or would it be too far gone as a conference.

We should try to get into any of the Power 5 conferences. Sure ACC, Big 12 would be better fits, but if that's not viable the  PAC would be ok as well. Especially if they add more Eastern teams, creating a national conference. That said I don't think joining the PAC will ever be an option. I think Big 12 is the most likely.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Hopefully the Pac 12 and the ACC merge... FSU goes to the SEC and Miami begrudgingly becomes our new rivals. 

(Also, UCF turns into Rutgers in the Big 12).