• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I guess the definition of building a conference is subjective - Big Ten did not take the best teams in Maryland and Rutgers they went market. It appears they took USC and UCLA for the market as well just because they reached out and not bc the big ten were nervous looking around. I mean why not if the money is worth it and those team pay for travel.

IMO I think ND will be the domino that defines college football. If they stay ACC biased then conferences will be able to sustain. If they go Big Ten or $EC then it will be full on super conferences.

CFB is still going to be gate-kept by the top teams unless regulated.

I owe you an upvote, but I'm all out of reacts for the day lol. I think you're onto something. ND is the biggest piece left out there, though there still are a few other big names like Oregon, Washington, and the ACC schools. Just trying to read the tea leaves, I don't know if the ACC has enough possible moves available to try to compete with the B1G vs SEC arms race. The B1G would be absolutely besides themselves if they get ND, who seems like a weird fit for the SEC. Both are likely keeping an eye on the ACC and waiting to pounce once we get closer to the ACC grant of rights ending.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I guess the definition of building a conference is subjective - Big Ten did not take the best teams in Maryland and Rutgers they went market. It appears they took USC and UCLA for the market as well just because they reached out and not bc the big ten were nervous looking around. I mean why not if the money is worth it and those team pay for travel.

IMO I think ND will be the domino that defines college football. If they stay ACC biased then conferences will be able to sustain. If they go Big Ten or $EC then it will be full on super conferences.

CFB is still going to be gate-kept by the top teams unless regulated.

yet no one takes the tampa market

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

Do MK and the SB nation guys survive if this ends being a nothing burger?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

Thinking about this situation this morning, if college football goes to two 20 team Super conferences, what would make the remaining B12/ACC/PAC conferences any different than the G5? I mean, the tv contract reworks couldn’t go higher if their best product/brand has left.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, smazza said:

yet no one takes the tampa market

... yet 🤞

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68

What dominos do we want to fall?

- Big10 stays at 16 team and Oregon / Washington stay in PAC12

- PAC12 adds 2 or more teams to replace USC and UCLA - Takes Boise and SDSU (rumored Big12 expansion candidates) 

- Big12 goes to 14 or 16 teams - adds USF, Memphis (expansion goes east vs. west) 

Other notes:

- ACC is not getting raided due to its grant of rights deal (2036) so no ACC slots will open up for a long time 

- ACC will not take another Florida school 

- USF might be screwed if Oregon / Washington go to the Big10 as the Big12 will poach PAC12 schools vs. any AAC schools 

Hoping for a Big12 invite sooner rather than later....  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

That are great points. I think Big 12 should of went larger a long time ago after they lost Mizzou Nebraska & Colorado due to Texas holding the conference hostage lol. They are a sinking ship kind of like the Big East was when USF got the invite. Glad USF didn’t waste their money on that BS lol

Sometimes the best invites are the ones you don't get ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184

20 minutes ago, 86atlbull said:

- ACC is not getting raided due to its grant of rights deal (2036) so no ACC slots will open up for a long time 

- ACC will not take another Florida school 

I wonder about the possibility of enough schools leaving (over half) the ACC that the conference just folds, and thus no buyout money is owed.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, MoneyBull83 said:

I wonder about the possibility of enough schools leaving (over half) the ACC that the conference just folds, and thus no buyout money is owed.  

think there's a good chance this is happening or Kelly wouldn't be getting our hopes up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

oh man....if he is saying it i have to believe.

Is that his account?  What's with the tilde over the e in Grothe?