• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

I asked 25-30 pages ago if this would end up being Bowlsby vs Aresco. I had no idea it was Bowlsby vs Aresco/ESPN/SEC

Well I can appreciate nuking everyone while going down.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Well I can appreciate nuking everyone while going down.

Absolutely! Look what the sticking together got us last time around. I'm talking in terms of the contract. IIRC we turned down ESPN's initial offer to see where we stood in the market. ESPN had the right to match any offer. ESPN saved a few mil doing that and the AAC lost.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

This is amazing. 

Might I just say that the remaining 8 Big 12 members plus the AAC would make a fine conference. Maybe we grab an Army or something for a round 20. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Quite the twist if true.  I'm sure each AD and commissioner is giving/getting numbers.  All roads lead back to ESPN for market worth, but they can't really be to blame for their monopoly on college sports can they?  The whole thing is quite amusing since we have nothing left to lose.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I’m not so sure about creating a 20-school conference. But admittedly, I haven’t followed this topic very closely. Wouldn’t 16 like the SEC be better?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, hm101 said:

This is amazing. 

Might I just say that the remaining 8 Big 12 members plus the AAC would make a fine conference. Maybe we grab an Army or something for a round 20. 

Idk if Navy would want Army or AF in the conference. That would be another ooc slot they would have to fill.

I would rather see Boise or BYU if we go to 20. If we go 24, both of those plus SDSU, C State, and Buffalo (or NIU). Just to have 12 on each side, and pull in a new market in the East (not that Buffalo or NIU are head turners).

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

36 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I’m not so sure about creating a 20-school conference. But admittedly, I haven’t followed this topic very closely. Wouldn’t 16 like the SEC be better?

Can we have a conference semi-final?  Then get #alltheteams

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

59 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I think if all the teams we add to get to 20 are current P5's and BYU sure go ahead, that'll only elevate our status. But I'd have to imagine if every team is leaving the BIG 12 we're the fallback option. Likely schools like Kansas and OK State will find better landing spots. 3 Big 12 schools finding new homes or going temporarily independent then us adding 5 to get to 16 seems like the most realistic option.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

For the record, the rumor/report is that AAC wants "3-5" teams from the Big 12. 

So that would be 14 or 16 teams total. Not 20. 

If say, WVU can go to the ACC, and KU and ISU go to Big Ten for example, AAC ads OK State, KSU, Baylor, TTU, TCU. Not bad. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, hm101 said:

For the record, the rumor/report is that AAC wants "3-5" teams from the Big 12. 

So that would be 14 or 16 teams total. Not 20. 

If say, WVU can go to the ACC, and KU and ISU go to Big Ten for example, AAC ads OK State, KSU, Baylor, TTU, TCU. Not bad. 

Just as long as UT/OU have to pay something to the rest of the schools that they ****** over. Also, let’s add Boise so it will be like the B East always wanted