• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Planning and being positioned in the event you do lose a couple of teams could be seen as the same thing. I don't think anything is imminent, but the last thing this conference could afford right now is losing 2 or 3 teams and then scrambling to cobble together enough members to keep going. Be proactive in expansion. Expanding by 3 makes the most sense in the even a P5 comes along and decides to take 2 from the AAC. BSU added all of the value to the MWC tv deal. Now, we would be in a position to renegotiate with ESPN and at least make a little bit more per team under a reworked deal. We never heard how much we lost (if any) by losing UCONN. 

Proactive vs reactive, I like it, collect some entrant fees to line our pockets and solidifying us as the cream of a poor crop.  We may not be in the affluent neighborhood but at least we are out of section 8 housing. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Proactive vs reactive, I like it, collect some entrant fees to line our pockets and solidifying us as the cream of a poor crop.  We may not be in the affluent neighborhood but at least we are out of section 8 housing. 

Either that or we will have the most over developed section 8 house with no hope of ever being financially solvent when the market crashes down and our remodeling is valued at zero dollars which we were counting on using the sell of the property at a gain over the house and remodel to pay the contractors with and now we are sitting at a net negative, one or the other.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

If this is real, and I could get my way, I would say swap UNLV with BYU.

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If this is real

No

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Either that or we will have the most over developed section 8 house with no hope of ever being financially solvent when the market crashes down and our remodeling is valued at zero dollars which we were counting on using the sell of the property at a gain over the house and remodel to pay the contractors with and now we are sitting at a net negative, one or the other.

I look at things from a different perspective.  We are already in the hood but we have a nice ride, we can get some twenty’s with the new members.  In the end the chances of us exiting this neighborhood is slim so I say make the most of it and be the big **** on the block and make ourselves at home 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

UNLV…? Interesting, I knew I bought my season tickets 2 rows behind the away teams bench in the new stadium for a reason.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If this is real, and I could get my way, I would say swap UNLV with BYU.

BYU would be taking a pay cut and they need to stay close to The University of Utah. Consequently, they will not join a group of five conference.

9 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

UNLV…? Interesting, I knew I bought my season tickets 2 rows behind the away teams bench in the new stadium for a reason.

Ain’t happening anyways, enjoy Vegas 

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

BYU would be taking a pay cut and they need to stay close to The University of Utah. Consequently, they will not join a group of five conference.

They are way to anti-alcohol for my liking anyways,  **** em 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I look at things from a different perspective.  We are already in the hood but we have a nice ride, we can get some twenty’s with the new members.  In the end the chances of us exiting this neighborhood is slim so I say make the most of it and be the big **** on the block and make ourselves at home 

That’s a fair way to look at it if the tv networks see it the same way if they don’t then we are stuck with the same amount of money or less with the added benefit of it being divided more ways and with the added bonus of having to compete with more teams for the same goals we already can’t obtain