• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Bringing UNLV as a travel partner... 🤞🏼

Las Vegas and New Orleans! For real though, I imagine we bring at least three teams (Boise included). If true, Boise, UNLV, and SDSU?

What’s an unsustainable size for our conference?

What happens to the rest of the teams? Does CUSA or MAC swoop in for the crumbs? Do they eject the weaker schools to the Funbelt?

Does Coastal Carolina have a better program than us?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Forget Boise and just bring in UNLV .... possible conf road trips every year to either NOLA or Vegas is a win.

And is there a reason this discussion is not in its rightful place?

Merge it!

fusion GIF

Edit: we could always resurrect the Idaho Vandals program from the Big Sky as a travel buddy.

Edited by Peatearpan

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

50 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Does Coastal Carolina have a better program than us?

Costal Carolina would destroy us!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I'll say it again.  The best possible adds now in 2020 are to bring in Boise, Air Force and Army as football only.  Result is 14 team decent conference for football.  We would truly be the "American" conference with the 3 academies bringing a national audience.  I know many will say that Army does not want to be in a football conference as they historically cannot compete, but with Navy and Air Force persuasion, it would be a done deal.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That would be great for you 😂  

Since you lost that UCONN game the least they can do is give me a UNLV one. I mean, my UNLV season tickets are two rows behind the away team bench anyway so it just feels like the perfect fit 😂

59 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Edit: we could always resurrect the Idaho Vandals program from the Big Sky as a travel buddy.

Have you ever tried to get to Moscow? I think SDSU is an easier travel partner then U of I. 

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Since you lost that UCONN game the least they can do is give me a UNLV one. I mean, my UNLV season tickets are two rows behind the away team bench anyway so it just feels like the perfect fit 😂

Have you ever tried to get to Moscow? I think SDSU is an easier travel partner then U of I. 

28 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I've never been to Moscow, But St. Petersburg  is only a 20 minute drive for me, so how much further can Moscow be? 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

40 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I've never been to Moscow, But St. Petersburg  is only a 20 minute drive for me, so how much further can Moscow be? 

Lol, the only place Moscow is 20 minutes from is Pullman, WA. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

14 hours ago, NovaBull said:

If a bear ****s in the woods and nobody is there to smell it...do we really care?

Not trying to be a smart ass (well I kinda am) but does this really do ANYTHING to get the AAC an invite to the playoff party?

If not, why bother? It’s a tiny school in a tiny state that isn’t close to other conference mates (except Wichita State for basketball).  

Hooray, the American can officially be crowned the tallest dwarf.

Ha! well if your not "trying to be a smart ass" your doing really well achieving that status...👍  Good points though. And smart ass works just fine on TBP kinda one of the themes..

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

If this isnt just after-season chatter once again? Mountain West breakup chatter again? AAC expansion chatter again? Who knows??  Boise was all the deal a while back and I think..told the AAC to screw off?? 

If...AAC does expand or snatch teams from the MWC, I hope we dont bring in any Ca. teams. Why add extreme travel? Eastern seaboard to western states is far enough. Will Wichita see the merit in starting to play football again? Maybe the Notre Dame revelation in 2020 in the ACC will push some teams to try and gain more relevance/visibilty by being in a conference. I know, AAC P-6 Group of 5 yadada...but, cancel out MW then CUSA maybe we really will be the P6 even if the AAC has to strong arm it's way in. I see Boise, Wichita(?), Utah State and Nevada maybe Air Force? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

This is just my opinion, but Boise State needs the AAC much more than the AAC needs Boise State.

• Upvote 1