• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, David Brown said:

But then we would have to go thru life knowing we never won an AAC championship, could you imagine the shame?

Yeah but we could then play the transitive game like the Kanigits did and start racking up the national championships. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Yeah but we could then play the transitive game like the Kanigits did and start racking up the national championships. 

We can call ourselves the people's champions. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

To be fare, they were the only undefeated team, so no one can transitive property over them. But their claim is rediculous

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I used to think this as well. Then I saw how BYU was doing.

Definitely. BYU's national following isn't even in our rearview mirror. We'd be killing it as independents. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

6 hours ago, JTrue said:

Definitely. BYU's national following isn't even in our rearview mirror. We'd be killing it as independents. 

Thought someone said BYU was going to join AAC? 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

Think you missed the whole point of why UCF is claiming national championship. Got to go undefeated to be able to have an argument and I’m not sure if USF will ever do that in our lifetimes. If you are falling for what our local sportswriters think about UCF’s claims then you are pretty much missing the point on the scam that it is the P5 playoff 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Think you missed the whole point of why UCF is claiming national championship. Got to go undefeated to be able to have an argument and I’m not sure if USF will ever do that in our lifetimes. If you are falling for what our local sportswriters think about UCF’s claims then you are pretty much missing the point on the scam that it is the P5 playoff 

I'm not falling for anything. There may have been a point to make but they took it too far and made a mockery out of it ..... and I still find it disturbing that there are Bulls fans thinking this whole scenario was a good thing for USF. It wasn't.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

utah went undefeated in 2008.  Won the MWC title and won their bowl game.  They were the only undefeated team, but since they were from a “non bcs” conference (equivalent to today’s G5), they were not recognized as national champions.   They made lots of noise in the press, and even their senator joined in.  Within a couple of years they were in the PAC 12.   So from that standpoint, I totally get why Orlando is doing what it is doing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

utah went undefeated in 2008.  Won the MWC title and won their bowl game.  They were the only undefeated team, but since they were from a “non bcs” conference (equivalent to today’s G5), they were not recognized as national champions.   They made lots of noise in the press, and even their senator joined in.  Within a couple of years they were in the PAC 12.   So from that standpoint, I totally get why Orlando is doing what it is doing.

I'm not sure that they got into the Pac 12 because they claimed a false national title.  Side note, notice also that they haven't gone undefeated since even in a conference annually considered "weak" for the G5

25 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

They were the only undefeated team, but since they were from a “non bcs” conference (equivalent to today’s G5), they were not recognized as national champions. They made lots of noise in the press, and even their senator joined in.  Within a couple of years they were in the PAC 12.   So from that standpoint, I totally get why Orlando is doing what it is doing.

In 2008, national champions weren't "recognized", a game decided who it was, just like today ... and the Utes pedigree then was better than the Kanigits' at this point ... but I guess that shows there was a precedence for this tomfoolery.

Edited by Triple B