• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

6 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Wow , this thread is really close to 2000! Here's a question:

We've discussed ad nauseum the difficulty of crashing the playoff party; let's just throw that out the window and say the Bulls win the whole **** thing.  Do you believe this would expedite conference realignment? Does the impossible of a G5 winning a naty cause for an arms race to bring that program in? 

UConn has won 4 NCAA D1 Hoops championships recently and they're still stuck at the kiddie table with us 

Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I thought you were going to say:

"UConn has won 4 NCAA D1 Hoops championships since this thread was started"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

6 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Wow , this thread is really close to 2000! Here's a question:

We've discussed ad nauseum the difficulty of crashing the playoff party; let's just throw that out the window and say the Bulls win the whole **** thing.  Do you believe this would expedite conference realignment? Does the impossible of a G5 winning a naty cause for an arms race to bring that program in? 

No .... they'll just start holding CFP Committee members' family members hostage during the final weeks voting process to insure that a G5 never ever sniffs the Top 4 again.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

It was Memphis and ECU next to get invited to the P5.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

One day archaeologist will look at this thread and compare it to the finding of King Tut's tomb. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Just expand playoffs 

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

It's baaaack! There will be lots of speculation on what happens to UofL. B12 already did a study on USF and said no. FL already has two ACC teams but TX has 4 B12 teams and CA has 4 PAC 12 teams. Can I get a slight chance in hell(1%)? UConn will no doubt be putting out a presser soon how they are the best candidate.

Death penalty is the only savior for the dumpster fire that is U of L men’s basketball

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Posted this on another thread:

This got me thinking (possibly with green and gold goggles on).  Out of the G5 schools, it seems to me that USF and UCF have the highest ceilings (large student population, large TV markets, Florida recruiting, etc.).  So, I would imagine that on the next round of expansion, we'd be the front runners (Assuming football doesn't tank again).  IMO, it would be better for the ACC to take us, and virtually lock down Florida or for the Big 12 to take us and establish a presence in Florida.

If the ACC placed us in the Atlantic division with FSU and UCF in the Coastal division with Miami, I believe our attendance would skyrocket.  Having FSU, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC State, Lousiville, Syracuse, BC, and UCF on our schedule every year would do wonders.

BTW, this is just a what if scenario.  I don't need, "FSU and Miami won't let it happen", especially since I've never seen a credible source confirming this.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Posted this on another thread:

This got me thinking (possibly with green and gold goggles on).  Out of the G5 schools, it seems to me that USF and UCF have the highest ceilings (large student population, large TV markets, Florida recruiting, etc.).  So, I would imagine that on the next round of expansion, we'd be the front runners (Assuming football doesn't tank again).  IMO, it would be better for the ACC to take us, and virtually lock down Florida or for the Big 12 to take us and establish a presence in Florida.

If the ACC placed us in the Atlantic division with FSU and UCF in the Coastal division with Miami, I believe our attendance would skyrocket.  Having FSU, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC State, Lousiville, Syracuse, BC, and UCF on our schedule every year would do wonders.

BTW, this is just a what if scenario.  I don't need, "FSU and Miami won't let it happen", especially since I've never seen a credible source confirming this.

The ultimate dream scenario. If only.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

G5 needs an auto bid to the playoffs. 

In what other sport is it acceptable to create a completely imbalanced playing field which virtually prohibits half of the competitors from playing for a Championship?

• Like 1