• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

He doesn't change opinions. I listened for the first time in a couple years leading up to the bucs Monday night game, and he was still talking up Josh Freeman and getting digs in on Jameis. What a dork. I do actually feel bad for him because you can tell the age is showing up in the broadcast.

LOL - he's talking up Josh Freeman?

Image result for laughing gif

Image result for laughing gif

Image result for charlton heston laughing gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Duimig ate major crow years ago when he told everyone that Trent Dilfer would never win a SuperBowl. It was poetic justice that Dilfer won the SuperBowl with Baltimore against NYG with the game being played at RJS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

this-is-the-part-where-we-throw-our-head

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Duimig ate major crow years ago when he told everyone that Trent Dilfer would never win a SuperBowl. It was poetic justice that Dilfer won the SuperBowl with Baltimore against NYG with the game being played at RJS.

I don't think Trent Dilfer's wife even knows he was on that Ravens team. I doubt anyone is eating crow over saying Dilfer isn't a Super Bowl winning QB. Hell, Tony Banks started half the games that season anyway and Qadry Ismail was considered an "offensive weapon" for them. Just goes to show how good their defense really was in 2000. I'd still go on the air and say you'll never win a Super Bowl with Dilfer as your QB and it's actually happened.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, TallyBull said:

And I feel bad for the ones on here that think joining a bigger conference automatically makes your program relevant.

I'm sure teams like Rutgers and Syracuse feel the same way.

I guarantee you... they do NOT want to go back to the G5.

Nope.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Would it ease some of your worries if I told you that those high ranked USF officials seemed happy when explaining that something will happen in a week? Said to stay tuned with a very positive demeanor. Does that make you feel better about this whole process ?? Now keep in mind,  this was before the ECU game so maybe the decisions have already been made??  This is crazy!! Feels like Christmas Eve

Maybe they were just happy they hadn't been fired yet for not getting us into the B12

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Would it ease some of your worries if I told you that those high ranked USF officials seemed happy when explaining that something will happen in a week? Said to stay tuned with a very positive demeanor. Does that make you feel better about this whole process ?? Now keep in mind,  this was before the ECU game so maybe the decisions have already been made??  This is crazy!! Feels like Christmas Eve

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

What ever that is going to happen has me on edge. My hopes are now up and I never thought there was much of a chance before to be honest. 

Bro - I'm going to light a candle, pour out a beer and say a prayer for you if this doesn't go through.  Something tells me you're in for a shock.  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

According to these fine folks, there shan't be expansion...

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/10/13/expansion-sight-big-12-college-footballs-weakest-power-conference

'course....there's this....

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/big-12-expansion-meeting-looms-greener-pastures-ahead-for-usf/2297974

Loquacious Oklahoma president David Boren, who essentially set off the expansion maelstrom 18 months ago by saying the Big 12 was "psychologically disadvantaged" with only 10 teams, now appears to have reversed course.

"I'm not saying there won't be expansion," Boren told several reporters following an Oklahoma board of regents meeting Sept. 14. "But I'm not saying it can be automatically assumed that there will be expansion."

Even West Virginia president Gordon Gee, an expansion proponent, offers no assurances.

"I happen to be very enthusiastic about expansion, but I also understand it needs to make sense," Gee told the Charleston Gazette-Mail this week. "We need to understand the opportunities and consequences, intended or unintended. I really don't know if it's likely or less likely."

...underscoring once again why a background in collegiate sports is such a good internship / stepping-stone to a career in politics. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

He will likely spin it by saying that the Big 12 is so weak that they had to invite USF.

Truth. Duemig is never wrong. He'll listen to a recording of himself being wrong and deny it to your face.

• Upvote 1