• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

39 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Expansion benefits every team in the Big XII not named Texas and Oklahoma. So this purported blocking of expansion is a clue that Texas and Oklahoma have secured their landing spots and are ready to move on.

Our problem is that the rest of the misfits in the Big XII believe that they are tagging along with either Oklahoma or Texas. Boy will they be surprise when they are left stranded on moving day.

So much truth in this

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Boise has nothing except a blue field.  They bring the Idaho market that no one cares about, and there is no national TV audience at all

A blue field, a recognizable name (which would bring some national tv audience) and the best football pedigree of any of the G5 programs out there by far. The fact that they don't offer much else in the way of help is probably why they didn't make the cut ...... they didn't did they, I've forgotten .... and why I didn't put them on the same level as BYU. They are are on a different level than the other candidates as far as current "star power" is concerned which is why I separated them.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If Oklahoma and Texas were to bolt for the PAC 12 and the AAC raided the Big 12 of four teams who would you want to grab to get to 16?

For me its West Virginia, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Kansas. 

Kansas will be in Big 10

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

BYU is a home run candidate because they have a very large nationwide audience.  That brings in the TV dollars.  Boise has nothing except a blue field.  They bring the Idaho market that no one cares about, and there is no national TV audience at all.  Houston would work if the Big 12 did not already have that market saturated.  Cincinatti brings in Ohio, which might be close to a home run.  But WVU might not want them.  

Outside of those schools, USF and/or UCF are the only real options for schools that are in a market that could bring TV dollars, help the Big 12 recruit overall, and bring in two schools that could quickly become national brands.

I always thought that USF would be a very interesting candidate considering your last point.  Think about this.... USF is a program that proved when in the Big East they could rise to the occasion and get some big out of conference and top 25 wins. They never won a title push comes to shove but isn't that exactly what the big 12 wants? A team that can come in and be successful but not a powerhouse to topple thier blue bloods?

Seems like that's why they are skeptical about Houston.... well that and geography. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I always thought that USF would be a very interesting candidate considering your last point.  Think about this.... USF is a program that proved when in the Big East they could rise to the occasion and get some big out of conference and top 25 wins. They never won a title push comes to shove but isn't that exactly what the big 12 wants? A team that can come in and be successful but not a powerhouse to topple thier blue bloods?

Seems like that's why they are skeptical about Houston.... well that and geography. 

I couldn't agree with you more. I think Texas and OU are afraid Houston would kick their butts. I think they are also a little scared we'd be able to do the same thing with an increase in recruiting by joining the B12. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

A blue field, a recognizable name (which would bring some national tv audience) and the best football pedigree of any of the G5 programs out there by far. The fact that they don't offer much else in the way of help is probably why they didn't make the cut ...... they didn't did they, I've forgotten .... and why I didn't put them on the same level as BYU. They are are on a different level than the other candidates as far as current "star power" is concerned which is why I separated them.

Boise has worse academics than Memphis.  No way they were ever getting into the B12

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Boise has worse academics than Memphis.  No way they were ever getting into the B12

I pointed out the positives that made Boise State attractive, to the media, for awhile .... academics was noticeably absent, among other things.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Kansas will be in Big 10

Depends if TX and OU (if they stick together to the Pac12) truly kick off the ultimate 16 team superconferences that everyone keeps rumoring about. TX and OU to the Pac 12 only make it the Pac 14, and the B1G/ACC/SEC are already there so it may not happen yet (least not until 2023 when the B1G's TV deal is expiring). But I do agree KU would be a B1G candidate.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Guys, you all forget that Boise is the Texas of the Mountain West. They're getting paid because they held the rest of the conference over a barrel to stay. I don't think the Big-12 money, for Boise, would be enough to cause them to bolt.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Guys, you all forget that Boise is the Texas of the Mountain West. They're getting paid because they held the rest of the conference over a barrel to stay. I don't think the Big-12 money, for Boise, would be enough to cause them to bolt.

If they got an invite they would go, absolutely no doubt,

But it's moot since they won't get one.