• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, TExpress said:

UCFast!!

Against Michigan a couple players looked fast but as a whole I think they are  more UcFraud than UCFast.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125

1 hour ago, TherapyBull said:

Can someone tell me why these writers continue to think UCF has an edge over USF?

Because of their built in rivalry with UCONN.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

59 minutes ago, TherapyBull said:

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-status-houston-cincinnati-byu-uconn-david-boren-2006279271.html

Can someone tell me why these writers continue to think UCF has an edge over USF?

They just came off a doughnut season, USF has better academics (USF is emerging preeminent based on objective data), and a larger media market. 

Is it the size of UCF, the OCS, The lack of an NFL team, the BCS win?????

There must be an explanation for the love affair.

I guarantee you that if USF somehow upsets FSU, UCF will not be mentioned ahead of us anymore. These are casual football fans that don't research AAC teams unless it is in their face on media outlets (ESPN etc.) Houston is the Cinderella currently. We do have a chance to get the spotlight on us (Louisville better not pull the upset before us). 

I do worry about this team but only because I know how bad and how good they can be. That starts with Flowers. His mechanics are pretty poor and sometimes cringe worthy. On the flip side, the dude can ball out and win a game by himself. 

He kinda reminds me of a football version of Dominique Jones (man I miss him). Not polished fundamentals by any means but so much talent to win games single handedly. 

That being said Go Bulls and whoop some University of Saracuse ass (I can **** up their name as well) 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-status-houston-cincinnati-byu-uconn-david-boren-2006279271.html

They just came off a doughnut season, USF has better academics (USF is emerging preeminent based on objective data), and a larger media market. 

They don't.  I've heard/seen USF mentioned just as prominently as UCF recently.  USF is almost always listed as one of the major candidates.  Usually, Houston and Cincinnati (and sometimes BYU) are listed as THE top candidates, with USF, UCF, and UConn listed most among the next grouping.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

So if BYU is doing something illegal then the government should cut off funding. If it isn't doing something illegal then the government shouldn't discriminate on the basis of religion, which ironically would be  not only illegal, but also unconstitutional.

Hint: requiring one to give up sex outside of marriage as a condition to attend a Mormon school is not illegal or unconstitutional.

Did the government discriminate on the basis of religion? What are you referencing?

I see no requirement in place.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And they're fast ..... really, really fast.

The did fall behind Michigan really, really fast.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125

11 minutes ago, Bear said:

That is not at all how I read it.  It was more of a slam on the B12.  Calling them the "Big Crazy".

I thought he gave USF some credit for trying.

"But what was USF and basically the rest of the American Athletic Conference supposed to do, sit this one out? It made compelling arguments and presentations last week before the Big 12. All the right people made the trip or made video pitches.

Four-team expansion?

Looks far-fetched at this point.

That leaves well-intentioned, aspiring USF on the outside.  "

It was a funny article, especially this part about Baylor.

"Right now, I'd say there's an 85 percent chance of no Big 12 expansion and a 10 percent chance at expanding by two teams. Oh, and 5 percent chance of the Big 12 asks the AAC, 'You guys want Baylor?"

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

I notice it too. I think it's the Fiesta Bowl win and Bortles. 

If this is pre-Fiesta, I think USF is mentioned more than them.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder if the Times pays someone to pee on Fennelly's  cereal every morning just to get him in the mood to work.

• Upvote 3