• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Memphis would be a total joke. 

I agree, but it's not the first time I've read those same 4 schools.

It's possible they've either written off Florida in general, or they just really like 3 of the 4 and don't want either of USF/UCF alone.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

15 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Memphis would be a total joke. 

Agreed.  If the Big XII adds Memphis, the Big XII deserves whatever happens to it.  

And notwithstanding its recent success, Houston is also a reach, considering Texas is already well represented in the conference.  Not to say that it won't happen - just that it wouldn't be a very good move IMHO.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, mike111777 said:

I don't see the point of this site blabbing on about usf going to the Big 12 when you can't even win a conference like C-USA, Big East and now the American. And this is coming from a fan one of a team who has a trophy case full of conference championships. Even one from a BCS conference.

Flappy gums is back!!!  Noticeably absent throughout UCF's third winless season.

Still dating your sister?  Or has she finally grown tired of you?

• Upvote 3

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I agree, but it's not the first time I've read those same 4 schools.

It's possible they've either written off Florida in general, or they just really like 3 of the 4 and don't want either of USF/UCF alone.

ESPN and FOX don't want Memphis no matter how much reporters say so. All Memphis brings is FedEX money. If it was a no brainier those schools would be added already.

People with common sense who make the decisions in the Media/T.V world want the state of Florida in the Big 12. The USF/UCF combo package is to strong to ignore.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I'm ignoring all the talk of the same schools from all of the "insiders". I think it was Jim last night that posted the article about Fox supporting expansion and wanting to increase it's reach. TV execs controlled the last round of expansion and they are controlling this round too. Anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.

Remember when BC's AD let it slip that ESPN told them who to take??? If Fox wants into FL, they will get into FL, we just need to hope they see 2 teams with a brilliant future and a heated existing rivalry as a smart deal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/scandal-espn-told-acc-which-teams-to-take-from-big-east-conference-2011-10

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, usfsig said:

I'm ignoring all the talk of the same schools from all of the "insiders". I think it was Jim last night that posted the article about Fox supporting expansion and wanting to increase it's reach. TV execs controlled the last round of expansion and they are controlling this round too. Anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.

Remember when BC's AD let it slip that ESPN told them who to take??? If Fox wants into FL, they will get into FL, we just need to hope they see 2 teams with a brilliant future and a heated existing rivalry as a smart deal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/scandal-espn-told-acc-which-teams-to-take-from-big-east-conference-2011-10

There no other major revenue producing programs available in FL (for the B12), except USF & UCF

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

That was a fun read. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Well, we have never had a winless season.  Twice.

Three times, actually. But this will probably get moved to the Dumbgeon, since it doesn't have to do with Big-12 expansion. Nice gums, Mikey!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Three times, actually. But this will probably get moved to the Dumbgeon, since it doesn't have to do with Big-12 expansion. Nice gums, Mikey!

image.png