• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/columnists/david-williams/Big-12-Expansion-Watch-A-decision-coming-soon-388671782.html

Seems like Memphis doesnt feel too confident either.  One minute you think you are on top with good press and the next you think you are on the outside looking. Anything goes.

When you read these articles, it's almost like we don't exist.  We've actually been in a BCS conference and represented ourselves well despite despite on your young history yet UCF gets all the pub.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

When you read these articles, it's almost like we don't exist.  We've actually been in a BCS conference and represented ourselves well despite despite on your young history yet UCF gets all the pub.

Keep the doom and gloom down.  Some folks only want rainbows and unicorns.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Sellular1 said:

I call em like I see em.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

So if it's not "doom and gloom," it must be "rainbows and unicorns."  You guys are hilarious.  Not everything is binary.  How 'bout we give it a few days and see what the Big XII actually does?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

How 'bout we give it a few days and see what the Big XII actually does?

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... that's asking a lot there, cowboy.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Indiegogo campaign to fly our flag over the Notre Dame vs. Texas Game.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/airplane-banner-encouraging-big12-to-add-usf#/

It's not a fruit basket, but...

Edited by Bullschmutz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

That is awesome idea but I think the decision will already be made by that time.   Well Tuxedo knows....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

The ACC just extended their GOR another 20 years.  B12 wants to extend their GOR another 10 years to keep UT and Okl from bolting.  Nobody is leaving the SEC.  B1G only takes AAU members.  The B12 has repeatedly said there are no teams that on their own, that add any value.  

In 20 years or so when these GORs begin to expire there will be reshuffling, but only between existing P5 schools.  The gap between G5 and P5 will have grown so wide over the 20 years that nobody could keep up.  P5 teams won't be playing G5 teams much longer either.  

It really sucks for the 5 or so schools that will be left out that are legit P5 candidates (and I would give Trip's left nut not to be one of the leftovers).  I think those 5 will be UConn, USF, UCF, ECU, and Temple.  The B12 is going to gut the AAC.  The dollar is destroying amatuer athletics.

Not sure that things will freeze for 20 plus years. Sports media is changing and I think in order to capture more dollars they begin to bring in more schools. If the streaming services jump in and the subscription numbers keep falling things will change. The ole dogs will not run things forever.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

26 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

So if it's not "doom and gloom," it must be "rainbows and unicorns."  You guys are hilarious.  Not everything is binary.  How 'bout we give it a few days and see what the Big XII actually does?

TBP is no place for logic and level headedness.  You keep that stuff to yourself mister.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure how many on here have XM radio, but I almost exclusively listen to heir college sports channel which at this point is non-stop talking about Big12 expansion. On one of the shoes today, they were talking about the public pandering and how disgusting and how much of a turnoff it is. Made mention of how last round of expansion Marinatto didn't know Rutgers was even gone until McMruphy called him asking about it for a story. It made me smile a little bit and respect what USF is doing here. I think the Big13 presidents will also respect that.