• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

10 teams do not destroy the Championship. With the change that happened in the Championship criteria, a Conference with 10 teams can play a round robin schedule and still hold a Conference Championship game. It could also split into two equal divisions and then hold a Conference Championship game. That's what the Big 12 was expected to do.

Yes but scheduling becomes a nightmare, as the Big 12 is currently dealing with.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yes but scheduling becomes a nightmare, as the Big 12 is currently dealing with.

So you're suggesting they'd rather expand. Hence the need for a meeting. I gotcha. Yes that is a possibility as well. Not the sexy one but, true. :dankk2:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

27 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

The American Athletic Conference Admins are scheduled to meet tonight. I would think that if the American were to lose 2 teams, they'd have no real reason to meet as they could remain at 10 teams and be fine. However, if they lose 1, 3 or even 4 teams. They'd need to meet to select members to backfill and get ahead of the media blitz by being proactive. It would also help if the teams leaving were leaving next year as opposed to the following year.

What do you guy's/gal's think?:popcorn:

Too lazy to find a link, but I 100% positive that I read a Mike Aresco quote saying that if we lose one member, we will replace the member, but if we lose 2, we will stay at 10.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Too lazy to find a link, but I 100% positive that I read a Mike Aresco quote saying that if we lose one member, we will replace the member, but if we lose 2, we will stay at 10.

I recall that quote as well. That's why I added that in m scenario. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

59 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

Big 12 expansion is a non-starter unless it includes University of Houston. @UHouston

I wonder if Judy might ask Renu Khator (current UH chancellor, former USF provost) to put in a good word about USF with the big man upstairs (apparently Abbott).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

35 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

10 teams do not destroy the Championship. With the change that happened in the Championship criteria, a Conference with 10 teams can play a round robin schedule and still hold a Conference Championship game. It could also split into two equal divisions and then hold a Conference Championship game. That's what the Big 12 was expected to do.

30 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Scheduling shouldn't be a nightmare with 10 teams. 9 conference games, 3 ooc .... with top 2 teams competing in the ccg. It's the most perfect way to crown a conf champion.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Do we already accept that we are getting left behind AGAIN?

I am praying that -- Big 12 expansion does not include ANYONE from the AAC, if USF isn't a candidate.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Scheduling shouldn't be a nightmare with 10 teams. 9 conference games, 3 ooc .... with top 2 teams competing in the ccg. It's the most perfect way to crown a conf champion.

I would be ok with this as long as the 3 ooc games are all fbs

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, jasonb56 said:

Big 12 expansion is a non-starter unless it includes University of Houston. @UHouston

WTF is Greg Abbott

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

^ Governor of Texas who went to UT, but otherwise - a nobody!