• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

19 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

It deserves some level of concern, but remember the audience. These are coaches. Coaches aren't brokering the deal for new conference mates. Obviously coaches in TX and OK want to travel less, so Houston makes sense as far as they're concerned. The president's may disagree when they see projections that Houston doesn't increase their bottom line much.

Absolutely right.  Coaches probably don't care that Memphis has the worst academic ranking of all the expansion candidates but the school Presidents will.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

one more note, Hillsborough County is the fastest growing county in the whole country... and one of the few areas adding cable users.

*Grasping at straws...

I have to disagree. I can't find any sources to support that.

It looks like the fastest growing metro area is the Villages near Orlando. Hillsborough appears to have added the 14th most residents, number wise in the U.S. Percentage-wise the growth ranks 339. The two fastest growing large counties are in the Houston metro area. Orange, FL has us beat for 2015 growth.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-56.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/12/04/hillsborough-among-the-fastest-growing-large.html

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

It looks like the fastest growing metro area is the Villages near Orlando. Hillsborough appears to have added the 14th most residents, number wise in the U.S. Percentage-wise the growth ranks 339. The two fastest growing large counties are in the Houston metro area. Orange, FL has us beat for 2015 growth.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/12/04/hillsborough-among-the-fastest-growing-large.html

NO one cares about percentages unless it includes a large amount of eyes. Residents are what matters in this argument.  I originally thought Houston would get in, but I'm not to sure of that now. The Big 12 already has the Houston market covered. They bring very little extra cash to a T.V deal. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is all about money. It has never changed.

They are doing expansion because what CBSSports hinted at originally is true, that by adding teams now equals big money for the B12 due to their current TV contracts.

They only care about themselves, so it is quite clear that the new schools will not get full shares of the payout. It was a unanimous vote for expansion because they all saw big money for their schools in those reports.

(1) They will add four schools, because more schools means more money.

(2) USF has a good shot at an invite as any of the other schools on the list, regardless of what has been written about us or if we received any votes from the B12 coaches. And, no, men's bball is not going to impact this. We stink so bad that any attention we are getting now, even bad, is probably a positive...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

We did it!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

To be fair, the villages is about as close to Orlando as Tampa is to Disney. I worked there for 4 years and would go to Orlando after work frequently. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We did it!

What, we made another proposed list of candidates? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17115091/big-12-football-coaches-favor-houston-cougars-byu-cougars-expansion-espn-poll-shows

Well I know how much we all trust ESPN sources, but does this concern anyone? USF got zero votes from the Big 12 coaches themselves

UCF only got one vote. Coaches have a slightly different agenda than the administration in that wins and losses are pretty much their prime directive. The coaches realize what a Florida school should be able to do with the P5 brand and the uptick in competition is probably scaring them ****less.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

To be fair, the villages is about as close to Orlando as Tampa is to Disney. I worked there for 4 years and would go to Orlando after work frequently. 

But to be totally fair, even people in Orlando don't really like Orlando.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I just read somewhere that Tampa is number one for the city most people are moving to.

Go Bulls!