• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

So no news today from the Big 12 on realignment. I'm shocked!!!!

I saw this and thought it was a good conference.

The Big 16 West

Houston (Replaces Baylor), Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech.

The Big 16 East

Cincinnati, Connecticut, Iowa State, Memphis, South Florida, Temple, UCF and West Virginia.

That looks like a winner to me. :GoBulls:  :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Tiger Jay must be the identical twin of Tiger_Pride76 who posts on the UCF Rivals site.  Listen here Kitty Cat, EITHER Florida school by itself has a TV value between $30 million and $40 million PER YEAR MORE than Memphis.  I know facts hurt your brain, so feel free to bury your head in the sand and pretend it ain't so.

Here is another fact.   The B12 is going to have sponsors for their games regardless of whether or not FedEx is one of them.  That means to bring Memphis upto the same value as UCF or USF, FedEx sponsorships would have to be $30 million to $40 million PER YEAR HIGHER than what the B12 would get anyway without FedEx bidding on those sponsorships.  

Yeah, but knows a guy, who heard a guy, that knows the President of the University, and it is already a done deal.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

So no news today from the Big 12 on realignment. I'm shocked!!!!

I saw this and thought it was a good conference.

The Big 16 West

Houston (Replaces Baylor), Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech.

The Big 16 East

Cincinnati, Connecticut, Iowa State, Memphis, South Florida, Temple, UCF and West Virginia.

That looks like a winner to me. :GoBulls:  :icon_drink:

Holy smokes! That's a heck of a difference in quality between the two divisions.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

16 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Holy smokes! That's a heck of a difference in quality between the two divisions.

That's what people said about the American's divisions. Look who won that. Once the east wins a couple, the perception will change.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Another tweet about how EVERY expansion candidate city (another tweet had Salt Lake media there) in the country has some type of reporter there EXCEPT Tampa

Jake TrotterVerified account @Jake_Trotter 16m16 minutes ago

Big 12 hasn’t expanded yet, but media corps covering it has. Reporters from Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando covering Big 12 meetings

But yes, I am so wrong for pointing this little fact out.

It all seems to boil down to supply and demand. If the local interest doesn't seem to warrant sending a representative to the meetings then there's your answer. And why couldn't Judy and/or Harlan stop by for this? It would show we are dedicated to meeting face to face in front of everyone.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Nah. Enough people hate me for not being a real fan. I thought Bench had potential, I think AW throws a really nice ball in practice, and I was skeptical of CWT after his first two years.

Don't forget your shameful lack of hate for CSH. :lol:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Don't forget your shameful lack of hate for CSH. :lol:

I can think he failed as a coach and not wish him bodily harm.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Nah. Enough people hate me for not being a real fan. I thought Bench had potential, I think AW throws a really nice ball in practice, and I was skeptical of CWT after his first two years.

Yeah, I forgot all that..... I hate you, too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

It all seems to boil down to supply and demand. If the local interest doesn't seem to warrant sending a representative to the meetings then there's your answer.

Exactly. I applaud the TBT for not wasting money on this. If anybody local really cares about the gossip and rumor mongering going on out there, they'll follow it online at places like this awesome thread ....

And why couldn't Judy and/or Harlan stop by for this? It would show we are dedicated to meeting face to face in front of everyone.

I'd be pissed if either one wasted USF money on something as meaningless as going to someone else's conference meetings just to be visible to the public. That actually sounds kind of pathetic. It's obvious our grunt work is being done on the down low. Besides, have ANY of the potential candidates' administrations shown up out there??

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210