• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

On the way? I once read that someone in here has seen blueprints!!! It's a done deal and we're holding off on the formal announcement, since we don't want our fans to get excited over something so amazing.

He used large fonts!

LARGE FONTS!!!

So you know it has to be true!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Dogma said:

He used large fonts!

LARGE FONTS!!!

So you know it has to be true!

Where is that guy now?  He had insider connections with Harlan.  

BOOK IT: BLUEPRINTS = COMPLETED OCS

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

Can't keep track of who's who in this ongoing saga so did miss the sarcasm ... and we have been mentioned in expansion discussions so we're on somebody's radar. I'm very content to stay right where we are, keep making noise in the conference every year and see where the chips fall in the future.

Seems to make a mockery of the regular season if you are going to have a conference season and then ignore conference records when deciding the champion.  Theoretically a team could be undefeated in conference play and get frozen out of the conference championship be two teams with one conference loss.  We might as well have one big P5 conference and forget conference records.

Edit:  For one thing I somehow got the wrong Trip post, my apologies.  But in re-reading the article, they used the term #1 and #2 seeded teams in the CCG.  So it depends how they seed the teams as to whether my concern above is real or not.  This wasn't clarified in the article.

Edited by DataBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, DataBull said:

Seems to make a mockery of the regular season if you are going to have a conference season and then ignore conference records when deciding the champion.  Theoretically a team could be undefeated in conference play and get frozen out of the conference championship be two teams with one conference loss.  We might as well have one big P5 conference and forget conference records.

Edit:  For one thing I somehow got the wrong Trip post, my apologies.  But in re-reading the article, they used the term #1 and #2 seeded teams in the CCG.  So it depends how they seed the teams as to whether my concern above is real or not.  This wasn't clarified in the article.

Quote function doing weird things at times ... and I'm hoping that the proposal, if it comes to that, requires that a conference spells out their seeding process before being voted on and it should be something similar to the way the AAC determined divisions champions.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Big Ten/SEC want division format to stay ...

Andrea Adelson added,

Kirk Bohls @kbohls
Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby on Wed vote to have right to play conf title game: "I think we will negotiate an outcome with which we can live."

It is what it is if the Big 12 is not expanding, we will be 'stuck' in the AAC for the next decade-ish. I am surprisingly at peace with our current situation. The AAC is not a bad conference as long as UCF. Cinci, UConn, Houston, SMU, Memphis and Navy stay put. Maybe I am just exhausted about this whole realignment,,expansion talk.  ;)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

Big Ten/SEC want division format to stay ...

Andrea Adelson added,

Kirk Bohls @kbohls
Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby on Wed vote to have right to play conf title game: "I think we will negotiate an outcome with which we can live."

It is what it is if the Big 12 is not expanding, we will be 'stuck' in the AAC for the next decade-ish. I am surprisingly at peace with our current situation. The AAC is not a bad conference as long as UCF. Cinci, UConn, Houston, SMU, Memphis and Navy stay put. Maybe I am just exhausted about this whole realignment,,expansion talk.  ;)

I feel the same way. As long as no one else moves, this is the best conference for us. When realignment happens again in the future, and I think it will, we will be in a better position.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:05 PM, JTrue said:

On the way? I once read that someone in here has seen blueprints!!! It's a done deal and we're holding off on the formal announcement, since we don't want our fans to get excited over something so amazing.

You needed more exclamation points after the word "blueprints" to truly emulate the Bull Daly style of prose. :D

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

I think realignment may pick up when the B1G's contract comes up in 2018. The part that gets me about what I've read is the "conference divided into Equal Divisions". They dropped the numerical count for that all together as well as dropping the 12 to 10 members total for a conference to have a championship game. My guess is that we will soon see "Pods". Four division conferences with 16 to 20 members. I believe this is where the P4 are headed. Although I could be wrong or just daydreaming again.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

50 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I think realignment may pick up when the B1G's contract comes up in 2018. The part that gets me about what I've read is the "conference divided into Equal Divisions". They dropped the numerical count for that all together as well as dropping the 12 to 10 members total for a conference to have a championship game. My guess is that we will soon see "Pods". Four division conferences with 16 to 20 members. I believe this is where the P4 are headed. Although I could be wrong or just daydreaming again.

There are rumors all over the innerwebz about the B1G making a grab for Texas, Ga Tech, NC, Duke

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

Realignment may yet come to pass.

Here's OU President David Boren after the Vote on Deregulation passed.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklahoma-football-president-david-boren-calls-big-disadvantaged-again-after/article_c280b8d2-ba4e-11e5-8fb3-2f2e14dc08bc.html?mode=jqm

Edited by Azmodi